Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
teride

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Username: RevRun beware

Please Login to Remove!

Beware of this guy he was supposed to trade me an iPhone for my TyTn, both for overnight delivery to each other (Sat). He gave me a bogus tracking number & I was unable to recall my package because FedEx screwed up.

I was also corresponding to him via email *edited out address*, he said he also was DK1318 on Ebay he had me ship the package to:

***Name edited out***
in Brownstone, MI 48183.

I never received the package from him & his tmobile blackberry account is closed....I got duped.

Last edited by John Clark; 07-07-2007 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Do not post personal info.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

We just did a trade ---- My son's Nokia 5300 for his 8100... We shall see.... He sent me a USPS tracking number today....
Old 07-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please don't post any personal information on anyone here.

All I can say is if he's smart, he won't try and rip off Lunky!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
CUSTEL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 8 Characters
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

He refused to send first when he wanted to trade with me, I have a very good reputation on multiple forums since 03' so it seemed somewhat odd...
Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
RevRun
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Tmobile

Err Teride I have no clue who you are or what you are talking about, right now is the first time I have ever seen your name before so if "someone" burned you it was not me, I have done two deals on this site and all have went good and dk1318 is not even close to my ebay name. Yes I live in Brownstown so why don't you PM me and tell me what happened and if someone I know used my name and or account I will be sure to deal with it and get back what you have lost.

Last edited by RevRun; 07-07-2007 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 07-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
RevRun

Default Just Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTEL View Post
He refused to send first when he wanted to trade with me, I have a very good reputation on multiple forums since 03' so it seemed somewhat odd...
I sure did refuse to send first, all someone needs to do is read one of my WTT post and they will see I like local deals only since I do not ship first, hell I don't care if you been on this site since the down of time I will not send first so I don't know why me wanting a local deal and not shipping first is being called odd. Alright LunkHead is for some unknown reason a onetime deal to me since I got a sold vibe from him and I did ship out to him lol...
Old 07-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRun View Post
I sure did refuse to send first, all someone needs to do is read one of my WTT post and they will see I like local deals only since I do not ship first, hell I don't care if you been on this site since the down of time I will not send first so I don't know why me wanting a local deal and not shipping first is being called odd. Alright LunkHead is for some unknown reason a onetime deal to me since I got a sold vibe from him and I did ship out to him lol...
custel I know who you are from II and NM but this site isnt the same as our others most ppl arent going to ship first here.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:04 AM   #8
CUSTEL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 8 Characters
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
custel I know who you are from II and NM but this site isnt the same as our others most ppl arent going to ship first here.
Yeah, was just funny because he was the one that contacted me about the trade.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
teride

Quote:
Err Teride I have no clue who you are or what you are talking about, right now is the first time I have ever seen your name before so if "someone" burned you it was not me, I have done two deals on this site and all have went good and dk1318 is not even close to my ebay name. Yes I live in Brownstown so why don't you PM me and tell me what happened and if someone I know used my name and or account I will be sure to deal with it and get back what you have lost.
Well someone is using your USERID for feedback recommendations. USERID REVRUN PM'd me on a post I made at Howardforums to trade phones. He directed me to this forum to review feedback for REVRUN. sorry if you have been scammed this way. I too was scammed.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #10
RevRun

Default Silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by teride View Post
Well someone is using your USERID for feedback recommendations. USERID REVRUN PM'd me on a post I made at Howardforums to trade phones. He directed me to this forum to review feedback for REVRUN. sorry if you have been scammed this way. I too was scammed.
That's silly that someone would use my feedback lol I don't have a whole lot, but like I said I would try and help you since my name is being used as well. I got your pms but if you can send me over your email or phone number so we can talk a bit more. onemore thing I don't nor have I ever hand an account on that site.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #11
RevRun

Would just like to add that im now working with teride to try and find out just who the hell has used my user id for a scam. Right now we dont have alot of info but we are working on it and will keep the board updated.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #12
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

My deal with RevRun went flawlessly... The 8100 arrived today and is exactly as described!

I will leave feedback for you RevRun....
Old 07-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
teride

Quote:
Would just like to add that im now working with teride to try and find out just who the hell has used my user id for a scam. Right now we dont have alot of info but we are working on it and will keep the board updated.
I can only report what happened to me...I have the emails pointing to this forum...I'm not trying to wreck anyones reputation. It could have been just luck of the draw he picked the same user id...as I've stated he had been a tmobile blackberry user...the user id i was communicating with does not connect anymore. So I'm sorry RevRun you are more than likely a victim also.

Just need to add the blackberry user id was NOT REVRUN only the link to view feedback.

I also need to say that I have reported the fraud incident to the Michigan Police department as well as the IC3 internet consumer fraud division...(can't remember the exact name) so far. The address the package was shipped to along with the tmobile blackberry address I would think should provide enough evidence & detail to link to the culprit.

Last edited by teride; 07-09-2007 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: clarify
Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #14
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

I think you were emailing the right person because I had an email on the deivce from you when it arrived today....... I wiped everything before giving it to my son...

:shrug:

No idea what is going on, but you were emailing his device is all I can say.......

The email was reference to you pulling the package back that you sent him.... Yes????

Last edited by LunkHead; 07-09-2007 at 10:17 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #15
RevRun

After reading this post by Lunk I got a very good idea what was going on, the guy who lives next door to me is a very good friend of mine or so I thought. For the past week or show he has been using my pearl on and off since I use my 8300 well come to find out he was doing a few bad things as you can tell. Well the good news is I was able to get this guys TyTn back, teride I sent you an email with my phone number so you can call me and I can get this phone back to you I also sent you this guys full name and some more info on him even know he used his own address so you already have that.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:29 AM   #16
teride

Quote:
After reading this post by Lunk I got a very good idea what was going on, the guy who lives next door to me is a very good friend of mine or so I thought. For the past week or show he has been using my pearl on and off since I use my 8300 well come to find out he was doing a few bad things as you can tell. Well the good news is I was able to get this guys TyTn back, teride I sent you an email with my phone number so you can call me and I can get this phone back to you I also sent you this guys full name and some more info on him even know he used his own address so you already have that.
I have not received an email from you at all....please send again to [email address]
Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #17
teride

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
I think you were emailing the right person because I had an email on the deivce from you when it arrived today....... I wiped everything before giving it to my son...

:shrug:

No idea what is going on, but you were emailing his device is all I can say.......

The email was reference to you pulling the package back that you sent him.... Yes????
Yes---I sent him an email telling him I was pulling package back....I cannot believe you guys cracked this....Please tell me it is true
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #18
teride

Quote:
RevRun--you were on-line when I sent you a PM this morning. I have yet to receive any email or phone number from you to give you the details of where to return my device. I thank you for your help...you do not have a very good neighbor.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #19
RevRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by teride View Post
RevRun--you were on-line when I sent you a PM this morning. I have yet to receive any email or phone number from you to give you the details of where to return my device. I thank you for your help...you do not have a very good neighbor.
I was online but away from my pc, i have just sent you a pm and i have filed a police report since this ass has used my name (dont know what good it will do since he used his real address but we will see)
Old 07-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #20
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

This entire situation is a bit odd and makes no general sense to me....

@teride I would continue with the police report you filed and contact the shipper to file a claim.. Someone defrauded you and I would press ahead with charges and investigation regardless of weather or not the item is returned to you... Also the name posted in your original post (before it was edited) is the same as i dealt with and the same shipping address as well

@RevRun If the guy next door used your name and your phone and your address to commit internet fraud then there is a lot you can do. If he signed your name accepting the package then it's a forgery (a felony) also if the package was USPS it mail fraud (another felony)

This entire deal make little to no sense.... I would document everytime he used your phone and keep track of why you did not know he was doing this (ie.. why you did not see the email's to set deal up, trade tracking numbers ect) after you got the device back from him...

I assume the story is correct (even tho my investigate experience makes me raise both eyes when reading it) but if it is not correct then it might be time to bite the bullet, make the deal legit for teride and stop the bleeding before it gets worse...

Sounds like someone is playing a game and with the information we now have it should be real simple to decipher...
Closed Thread