Old 12-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
damien76

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: dunno
Default Lost Sync after reinstalling Exchange 2003

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

We have a Exchange 2003 server (last service pack 2 i think) and a blackberry server.

The data synchronisation used to work fine, we could get emails, calendars, and so on the blackberrys and outlook.
But the Exchange 2003 server was uninstalled and reinstalled by a company (for another problem), and now we have no sync anymore. Receiving and sending emails is working, but no sync between the blackberrys and outlook.

What should i do on Exchange server to solve this sync problem ?
(nothing has been changed on blackberry server, and i checked the config, it seems good)
Or in what blackberry server's log file could i find more info about the problem ?

Thank you
Best regards
Old 12-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
DarkWater
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien76 View Post
Hello,

We have a Exchange 2003 server (last service pack 2 i think) and a blackberry server.

The data synchronisation used to work fine, we could get emails, calendars, and so on the blackberrys and outlook.
But the Exchange 2003 server was uninstalled and reinstalled by a company (for another problem), and now we have no sync anymore. Receiving and sending emails is working, but no sync between the blackberrys and outlook.

What should i do on Exchange server to solve this sync problem ?
(nothing has been changed on blackberry server, and i checked the config, it seems good)
Or in what blackberry server's log file could i find more info about the problem ?

Thank you
Best regards
So, did you restore the Exchange information store data? If so, was it a brick level backup?

Exactly which items are not synchronizing properly?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:00 AM   #3
damien76

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: dunno

Hello,

Thank you for replying.
I don't know exactly what a brick level backup is, but nothing was lost. The email, calendar and related datas were backed up.

As i know, the guy installed Exchange 2003 on another server, and then backed up all datas into this temporaly server. Then he uninstalled the real exchange server and installed it again, and upload all datas from temporaly server to real server to restore.

But maybe he forgot some permissions settings or something like that ?

Quote:
Exactly which items are not synchronizing properly?
Emails, calendards and tasks. We can get them as usual on both outlook on computer and blackberry, but emails or tasks wrote on outlook don't appear on blackberry (and conversely)

Otherwise MAPI profile on BES is still pointing on the good exchange server. In Blackberry manager program, i have the blackberries users list, but "last fwd time" and "last send time" are still on monday the 26th (day the Exchange server was reinstalled)

PS : sorry for my english, i'm french

Best regards.
Damien
Closed Thread