Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
dckeener

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8820 Wi-Fi set up but can't surf web

Please Login to Remove!

I have an 8820 and am having wi-fi issues.
I believe everything is set up correctly, but I cannot browse the web. I am connected to my wireless network at home, and can ping my desktop from my phone, but cannot surf the web in my phone browser. Any ideas? my wifi icon is gray and in the connection manager it has a yellow dot with a line through it.
I am confused, any help is appreciated.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
bushmills77

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

Hey,

I am new to BB use and could do with some help please. I have a 8820 on Orange in the UK. Initially BB Maps was not on the device and I had to download it from the BB website. Is there a way to have the Map Data stored on the device itself rather than have it streamed by the Network provider? Is it a normal function of BB Maps to have the data streamed rather than stored on the device, or have Orange removed the facility to do this?

Additionally I have a home Wi-Fi network setup and have tried to use this to download the software, but to no avail. The Wi-Fi symbol shows as yellow in the 'Manage Connections' facility, and the Wi-Fi logo shows as light blue on the desktop rather than black. Is there something I am missing? My network configuration uses a PSK and WPA security configuration. I have set up a profile in my device, but there is still limited functionality. Is this Orange playing silly beggars again?
Closed Thread