Old 12-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
shenrick

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTN South Africa
Default Music Folder Missing

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there

My BB is being a bit odd - I did an upgrade to V5 quite a while ago, but I haven't been able to find an answer to my problem.

When I go to my music folder, it says I have no songs, although I have about 50. The only way to find my music is like this:
Media --> Explore --> Open Media Card --> Show Hidden

Then I can see a folder called "Blackberry", and within that, my "music" folder. I can manually play the songs one by one. Once I have played a song, it goes into my normal music folder in the media file, and then I can play it as normal, until I turn my BB off, and then everything is lost again. If I play multiple songs for a second each, I can build up a playlist that almost feels like normal, but manually adding 50 songs each time is really off-putting.

Anyway, if anyone has come across this before and found a solution, please let me know. I tried rolling back to my previous OS but it didn't make any difference.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Music Folder Missing

By music folder, do you mean the media player?.... In other words, the media player doesn't show any music, but you do see music when you look directly at the music subdirectory via explore? Or, are you saying your music files are all hidden?

Media player issues where song titles don't show, playlists don't work, etc...just weird stuff...is often fixed by deleting all .dat files and then letting the BlackBerry rescan the card.

If you music files are hidden, the change the file attribute to unhidden. You can do that on the BlackBerry when you explore to the subdirectory as you did, but one file at a time. It would be faster to do all at once in a card reader on the computer, or on the BlackBerry with mass storage mode enabled.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread