Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Yeah, I believe this story like I believe in Santa Claus.
Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean its not true. Just because you are a Mac fan boi you will bash RIM no matter what.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #82
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean its not true. Just because you are a Mac fan boi you will bash RIM no matter what.
I am always suspicious of a story when a person states he heard from a friend of his [blah, blah, blah] It's usually BS. If its not a first hand account, I treat it as suspect. It wasn't a RIM bash, but a bash of the suspected BS.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 AM   #83
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I am always suspicious of a story when a person states he heard from a friend of his [blah, blah, blah] It's usually BS. If its not a first hand account, I treat it as suspect. It wasn't a RIM bash, but a bash of the suspected BS.
He didnt say he heard it from a friend. He said he has a friend recounting a personal story.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #84
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
I may reinvent the sponge brick and call it the apple brick to be thrown at the tv or person who mentions the iphone
Call it iBrick and you can make millions on it. 'i' is all what counts.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #85
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
He didnt say he heard it from a friend. He said he has a friend recounting a personal story.
What? Isn't that the same thing??
Old 04-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #86
juanmiglesias

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: telefonica venezuela

hi ii just change from my BB to iphone and i have to agre with the guy opening the post the only tihing i cant do is use the BB messenger, but for the rest of things i can do with it that a BB cant its worth it.
about copy and paste, i have it,
about background apps, i have it,
push mail, i have it.
video cam corder i have it, way better than any BB cam i have to admit it,
voice notes, i have it,
pc modem, i got it.
organize icons in folders, i got it.
mms, i got it

only thing i see i cant have is bb pin, but having real video games (not those ackward java mobile games), interactive japanese dictionary and learn to write it, netters flash cards for almost everythig, a real multimedia device, not to fogert i installed vlc player on it and i can see real HD on my TV, snes, genesis, nes, turbo grafx emus, task manager for seen and killing processes, scummvm (lucas arts emulator), real word, excel, power point, pdf, html editors,complete Tv out for iphone, internet radio HQ, swiss knife (lever, and others tools),.. and the list goes on an on...

the guy is saying most of the complains of the iphone are solved or just rumors, what i see is people often doesnt know how to use the iphone.. so you get an ipod with youtube, no copypaste, no video recorder.. so usually people thinks it stinks..

you have to do a little research to know how to use the iphone. surely if you are missing something on it it has an app on the itunes store or under cydia (usually free).

in my conclusion to get the REAL BEST IPHONE and no the crappy one you get when first bought, you have to do a little research and a have little to advanced computer knowledge.

i agree tha BB are indeed a nice phone, but no way it can offers all that iphone does. at least in venezuela the prices for BB are often more expensives than iphone thing that shouldnt be.
just my 2 cents.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #87
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmiglesias View Post
hi ii just change from my BB to iphone and i have to agre with the guy opening the post the only tihing i cant do is use the BB messenger, but for the rest of things i can do with it that a BB cant its worth it.
push mail, i have it.
voice notes, i have it,
pc modem, i got it.
mms, i got it

only thing i see i cant have is bb pin, but having real video games (not those ackward java mobile games), interactive japanese dictionary and learn to write it, netters flash cards for almost everythig, a real multimedia device, not to fogert i installed vlc player on it and i can see real HD on my TV, snes, genesis, nes, turbo grafx emus, task manager for seen and killing processes, scummvm (lucas arts emulator), real word, excel, power point, pdf, html editors,complete Tv out for iphone, internet radio HQ, swiss knife (lever, and others tools),.. and the list goes on an on...

the guy is saying most of the complains of the iphone are solved or just rumors, what i see is people often doesnt know how to use the iphone.. so you get an ipod with youtube, no copypaste, no video recorder.. so usually people thinks it stinks..

you have to do a little research to know how to use the iphone. surely if you are missing something on it it has an app on the itunes store or under cydia (usually free).

in my conclusion to get the REAL BEST IPHONE and no the crappy one you get when first bought, you have to do a little research and a have little to advanced computer knowledge.

i agree tha BB are indeed a nice phone, but no way it can offers all that iphone does. at least in venezuela the prices for BB are often more expensives than iphone thing that shouldnt be.
just my 2 cents.
LOL
Old 05-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #88
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
push mail, i have it.
voice notes, i have it,
pc modem, i got it.
mms, i got it

just my 2 cents.
Thats hurt my head trying to decipher that
Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #89
juanmiglesias

whats wrong with my post? what didnt you understand?.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #90
juanmiglesias

im just telling my experience so far with both phones. What people usally says about the iphone doesnt do or have, that im using right now on mine.

people says a lot of BS about iphone, tell me right now besides the BBpin messenger what im missing?.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #91
juanmiglesias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
This part:

made me laugh. Really? Everything? bbkiller, answer each one of these questions, please, with a yes or a no:
  1. Your iPhone lets you sync notes?
    yes it does
  2. It lets you sync tasks?
  3. For that matter, does it even let you have tasks?
    explain this one a little bit, pls.
  4. Apple has finally included cut & paste?
    icopy (also avaible in the next OS 3.0)
  5. How about forwarding contact information via e-mail... can it do that?
    yes it does
  6. Can your iPhone sync completely (Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks) with Exchange?
    Mobile me
  7. Can your iPhone wirelessly backup phone settings?
    yes it does (ssh)
  8. Can you remove the back of the iPhone and replace the battery?
    you can replace the battery yourself, it harder but not impossible, also who really uses 2 batteries since the 90's?.
  9. Can you insert a memory card?
    for what? i already had 16gb. and yeah right you are gonna use 32gb on your BB. keep it real.
  10. Can you voicedial with your iPhone?
    yes i can, also write emails and sms with my voice, can you?.
  11. Can you stream music via bluetooth with your iPhone?
    OS 3.0 will, i havent search forn an app for it, just found some way to do it via a bug, (5 secs search on google)
  12. Can you dial a number from the home screen?
    i cant with my BB.. if you mean fives its not on all BBs. there are several contacts apps, havent checked yet for that function. right now i use only two clicks to call.
  13. Can you dial using alpha characters instead of numbers?
    havent search for it.
  14. Can you dial using alpha characters and numbers?
  15. Can you have your non-MobileMe and Exchange e-mail pushed to the phone (IMAP IDLE SUPPORT)?
    yes, but its harder to get it working.
  16. Can you save SMS messages?
    yes, there are several apps and hard methods to do it.
  17. Can you forward SMS messages to another?
    yes
  18. Can you have MMS message at all?
    yes
  19. Can you organize your applications into folders?
    yes (folders)
  20. Can you explore the memory using the phone?
    yes, files, system files, mem in usage, etc.
  21. Can you explore the memory using a computer?
    yes
  22. Can you move files using the phone?
    yes
  23. Can you move files using a computer?
    yes
  24. Can you shoot video?
    yes at better codecs and res. (see cycorder and iphone video recorder)
  25. Can you read RSS feeds within the browser on the iPhone?
    yes
  26. Are you notified of pushed browser data?
    yes
  27. Is there pushed browser data on the iPhone?
  28. Can you run applications in the background?
    yes, backgrounder.
  29. Can you check your message status without activating the screen of the iPhone?
    yes
  30. Can the iPhone turn vibrate on when you put it in its case and turn vibrate off when out of the case?
    no, i have a one click button to do it.
  31. Can the iPhone turn itself off (by design, not by fault)?
    didnt get this one
  32. And on?
    didnt get this one
  33. Can the iPhone be put into an Apple dock without a warning that the dock made by Apple isn't compatible (would you like to turn on airplane mode)?
    can you do it?... so i cant use the stereo jack output like u, at least i have a dock option. pointless point.
  34. Can you remove the iPhone from an Apple dock without holding the dock down (or taping it to the table)?
    pointless..
  35. Can you use shortcuts in applications?
    didnt get this one, put an exampe..
  36. Can you check a detailed call history including missed calls, aborted calls, answered calls, placed calls, dates, times, and durations for anything beyond the last phone call for each contact?
    yes
  37. Can you send and receive PIN messages?
    i really miss this one :(
  38. Can you set notification profiles?
    nope that i know.
  39. Can you set notification options for events other than phone calls or SMS messages (and I'm talking about options more than sound on or off)?
    dont know. right now no.
  40. Can you have Garmin GPS software installed on the iPhone?
    Nuvifone
  41. Does the iPhone let you search data within messages, calendar, contacts, memos, and tasks?
    havent check for it.

I'm sure there is more, but I'm tired of typing. So, let's hear your answers. And by the way, before you fire back with the media and internet capabilities of the iPhone, I would already agree and concede that the iPhone is significantly better at presenting media and surfing the internet, but that's it.
remember there is an app for almost everything you complain about, i know there are not installed OEM but its really, really easy to jaibroken an iphone and get cydia to work, just one click, download, and ready you have your new app installed.

as i said i like both phones, but the iphone is really subestimated. icould make a list of what iphone can do that BB cant... but thats not the point, nobody buys a BB for its media capabilties.

for example what i dont like about the iphone its the limited buttons around, so you just have to tocuh the screen almost for everything, there are some mods to use the home button.. like the only one i have.. LoL... but havent checked them im not lazy to slide the screen to get to the springboard. also when someone calls you and the iphone is locked u cant cancel it, just mute it.

im not bashing BB, i have one! a Bold, just trying to let people know about iphone capabilities.

also i just ask i little respect for me, english is not my first language.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #92
Dawg
No longer Registered.

what you need an app for my bb does naturally. And I dont have to leave it running in the background eating my battery.

No disrespect meant personally just reading posts with spelling errors and broken english is just tough.

Last edited by Dawg; 05-01-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Old 05-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #93
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
also i just ask i little respect for me, english is not my first language.
Friend, we certainly respect you, but that doesn't mean we'll be able to understand you. Long posts only serve to exacerbate this issue.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #94
Mattywalnuts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: Options->Status->Hmm
Carrier: Evil Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkiller View Post
You need to go buy an Iphone. I tried the bb for a few years or so but the mods take way to much time. I loved my bb and I still got it dont ever use it anymore. The only thing I miss is the size and well thats it. You sould all go and get the new Iphone. The one thing I hated most about the bb is some of the apps coundnt be installed ota. I havent found a single app for the iphone that you have to pulg the darn thing to your coumputer in to install. The iphone rocks and IT WILL DO EVERYTHING THE BB WILL DO! I hack everyting I get and I hate to say it but I will never get another bb they really need to step it up with the rest of the phones!!!!!! I was one of those folks that said they would never get an iphone I was bb all the way now I know what I was missing and ill probably never go back utill they step up with the new phones.
I work with a lot of bb users and they are always saying your phone wont do this or your phone wont do that.LOL when I show them that it will do that and then show them stuff they would have never tought posable with a phone. I hope one day bb will make a phone that is more compatable with the internet and everyone else. I was always showing folks how to work there bb. And another thing It seems like I was always babysitting my phone to make sure i didnt run out of memory WHO SHOULD HAVE TO DO THIS WITH THERE PHONE! I HOPE BB PULLS THROUGH AND MAKES A GOOD PHONE. Im not writing this to piss anybody off just wanted to let the roumers that ive have read about the Iphone on here ARE NOT TRUE. I download free music on my iphone at 250kbs show me a bb that can do that. Its really not worth bashing bb I just want them to get better. I would like to get another one someday but they are going to have to impress me way more than the bold. Its just a bigger 8100!!!!!
I would have been interested in reading your post objectively if you had just used some paragraph spacing.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #95
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattywalnuts View Post
I would have been interested in reading your post objectively if you had just used some paragraph spacing.
Welcome to last year.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #96
Mattywalnuts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: Options->Status->Hmm
Carrier: Evil Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Welcome to last year.
Thanks, I'll take that under consideration.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #97
BBFanboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
im just telling my experience so far with both phones. What people usally says about the iphone doesnt do or have, that im using right now on mine.

people says a lot of BS about iphone, tell me right now besides the BBpin messenger what im missing?.
I know what I'd be missing from downgrading my Bold to an iphone.

The other day, I had my bluetooth stereo headphones on listening to tunes while reviewing a data center, when I got a high priority email that vibrated and flashed the led. it was a voice message - which I opened from within email, I decided to call them back - so I pressed a button on the headset and said 'call <name omitted>' - which the blackberry promptly did.

They wanted me to rewire a cable while I was there and instead of trying to talk through it, they sent me an excel spreadsheet that listed where everything goes, I opened it up while still talking to them, but I was not sure from this.

So I took a picture of the rack (had to use the built in flash since the rack was a bit dark) and emailed it to them - while still talking - they got the picture

They sent me an link to a web page that detailed the installation, and I completed it in time to head back to the airport to catch the plane home.

I'll leave it to you how many of these things I could not have done with an iPhone.
Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a great toy, but it's simply not a great business tool.

Last edited by BBFanboy; 06-02-2009 at 01:17 AM..
Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #98
holden

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFanboy View Post

The other day, I had my bluetooth stereo headphones on listening to tunes while reviewing a data center, when I got a high priority email that vibrated and flashed the led. it was a voice message - which I opened from within email, I decided to call them back - so I pressed a button on the headset and said 'call <name omitted>' - which the blackberry promptly did.

They wanted me to rewire a cable while I was there and instead of trying to talk through it, they sent me an excel spreadsheet that listed where everything goes, I opened it up while still talking to them, but I was not sure from this.

So I took a picture of the rack (had to use the built in flash since the rack was a bit dark) and emailed it to them - while still talking - they got the picture

They sent me an link to a web page that detailed the installation, and I completed it in time to head back to the airport to catch the plane home.

I'll leave it to you how many of these things I could not have done with an iPhone.
Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a great toy, but it's simply not a great business tool.
That is about the best explanation I have heard yet on this ongoing debate. The iphone has a great browser and a bunch of apps and from looking at it - the browser is very good - other than that - I don't think it is in the same league as Blackberry. Did anyone notice that the 8310 Curve has outsold the iphone?

H.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #99
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFanboy View Post

I'm glad the BB works so great for you in your job. However in my job we use Exchange for email and my company does not use BES. The iphone syncs with Exchange right out of the box, so I'm not getting your "iphone is a great toy" reference, nothing could be farther from the truth. I my world the iphone is more useful then limited email you get with BB and BIS. And don't get me started about trying to use a BB with Macs. And the reason the Curve has sold more units then the iphone is its offered on all the carriers, not just one.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 06-02-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #100
holden

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Default BES and BB - A Great Combination

Mmmmm....

Looks like someone has not experienced BES and BB here...
While BIS is BIS, and it can work with smartphones, iphones and BB's, it is not the same experience of BES in a corporate environment with a blackberry.

IMHO - If you think a pushed email to a device is dandy, that is your opinion...
The fact remains in high volume networked environments that the BES in a corp environment with Blackberry Phones works very well and can scale in a Lotus environment and Exchange environment. It is not the same as BIS...
And if you have over 10K users, BIS is not going to cut it....
It is not apples to apples...

And just because ATT has the exclusive on the iphone does not discount the fact that the Curve has outsold the iphone. It has outsold the iphone because it works well in complex networks all over the world...

H.

Last edited by holden; 06-02-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Closed Thread