Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
xinder

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default General Pearl Stuff

Please Login to Remove!

Well I'd have to say right off the bat that I am actually kinda disapointed with the BlackBerry..

But then again I am disapointed with all my phones I have ever had...
maybe I just expect too much from them? and here in the great white north an iPhone isnt an option unless I got to a different cell company so..

All you non-canadian people rejoice in the choices you have in cell's.. we have 2.. bad and worse! lol

I did have some general questions that may be in other posts so links would be great..

Is it really worth unlocking a BB? I've seen stuff online and all that, but really is the gain worth the buggering around?

second.. My cell company has these anoying app's and stuff that I can't seem to get off my phone.. or at the very least hide them or push them way to the bottom of the list.. any ideas?\

I havent spent alot of time with the BB. Work, life, etc.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Xinder
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to the forums.

What are you disappointed in? Maybe it's something that can be resolved for you.

As for the unlocking question. Unlocking allows you to use your device on another carrier's network. If you're planning on switching carriers and want to keep your device, then you would unlock it.

Carriers like to push down service books to you device. You can go into Options > Advanced Options > Service Books, delete the service book and the icon will be gone. However, when you reboot, it will reappear. What I do is create a folder (from the home screen, press menu > add folder) and move the icon into the folder (highlight the icon, press the menu key, select move) and the hide the folder (highlight the folder, press the menu key, select hide).

I hope that helps.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
xinder

I suppose the thing that disapoints me the most is the lack, or seemingly, of trackball 8130 games/apps. Half the ones I got don't werk right with the hardware.
second would be that when I recharge it turns the radio off and I miss calls/texts/etc.
And it seems to me that the battery life kinda sux in it. I suppose if I didn't play with it and just used it as a phone it would alst longer, but then again, why did I get it if I have to do that?
lol
Old 02-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
xinder

ugh and themes!! I had a kewl theme and deleted it. (I dunno why...) and now it's back to the default theme and it takes FOREVER to do stuff.. like dial a number.. hourglass.. switch apps.. hour glass... not onty that tonight it didn't recieve calls at all and when I went to call the wifey it hourglassed for a few seconds and then showed 3 missed calls!! lol

Is there some way to do a factory reset perhaps?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Relax.

First things first. Your radio will not turn off while you're charging it. If you let the battery get too low it will turn the radio off. Watch your battery life.

How much free memory do you have? GO to Options > Status and post your file free.

Then pull the battery out for 30 seconds, then post your file free again.
Closed Thread