Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
fowlstack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default 2 questions

Please Login to Remove!

1st: What is the fastest way to determine if you have left an application running on your Storm?

2nd: Lately when I click on my menu, I get a rectangular screen (over my home screen with all my icons), that has a small horizontal screen with a select few icons. It does not give me a menu to chose from. I then have to hit the back button and try it again. Sometimes I will hit the menu button 3 or 4 times before I can actually get the menu to open. What do you think?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
dbower96
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ?

I generally hit the menu button (the hard button with the BB logo on it) and choose "Switch Application". From there a small rectangular box appears with all the programs you have running. Choose the one you want, and click it. If you want to close it from there, use the same menu button and choose "Close".

Someone smarter than me will have to tackle your second question...
Old 02-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Sometimes, in the little bugs that the software have, tend to do this. Originally, if you hold the xxx63723; button, its brings up the programs you are you using. Like the above poster said, just close the ones you don't use. Although not all will close because some need to keep running. That's basically the first and second question answered together.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

fowlstack,

I think you answered question #1 with question #2.

That horizontal menu you get should be the list of applications that are running. I could be wrong but I think I am right. You normally don't get that menu unless you hit the Blackberry menu button and select "Switch Applications".

Additionally, I think some applications always "run", which means they must because they must always be activated / available in a certain sense. These would be your mailbox, home screen, phone , BB messenger, and browser. Even though they aren't left open and running in some aspect, they are available to receive incoming traffic.

I am gathering this hypothesis from my experience with computers. Certain processes must always run.

Any cell gurus out there have something to add on this because I could be slightly off the mark. I must concede that.

Verizon 9530
Old 02-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
adorkable
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Ask.

That horizontal list of applications you are getting is the application switcher, which can also be accessed by hitting the menu key and selecting "switch application," as others have already mentioned. XelhaBB is correct about it also being the list of currently running applications.

Because you can also access the application switcher by pressing and holding the menu key, I'm assuming that is what's causing your problem. Either you're holding down the button a little too long when pressing it, or the button may be faulty. I'm leaning toward the latter, and if that's the case, you may have to replace the phone.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable View Post
That horizontal list of applications you are getting is the application switcher, which can also be accessed by hitting the menu key and selecting "switch application," as others have already mentioned. XelhaBB is correct about it also being the list of currently running applications.

Because you can also access the application switcher by pressing and holding the menu key, I'm assuming that is what's causing your problem. Either you're holding down the button a little too long when pressing it, or the button may be faulty. I'm leaning toward the latter, and if that's the case, you may have to replace the phone.
Hey Lynn,

I've been running .103 awhile now. You should try it. It eliminated a couple minor issues for me.

Verizon 9530
Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
adorkable

Hey, I think I will. I finally have free time again. :D
Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
fowlstack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
That's basically the first and second question answered together.
Thanks all guess it's just a little bug, as I downloaded .99 last week, and am happy with it. If the problem persists I will consider the latest os.

Thanks for your help all........
Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #9
adorkable

Were you ever able to find a fix for #2? Someone else just posted saying they're having the same problem.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
fowlstack
Thumbs Must Hurt

No, it just doesn't happen as often, I have stopped holding the menu key "down" only touching it.
Things are running smooth.....
Closed Thread