Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Blackberry Live Large Fly Free companion airfare

Please Login to Remove!

Do you guys remember this promo last year? Basically, buy a Blackberry and service, and you get a voucher for free companion airfare if you buy a ticket through the offering travel agency and if the ticket is over $350 RT.

Well, I decided to cash in today, but they are saying they can't find my certificate number.

I never assumed this would pan out in my favor anyway, but I at least wanted to see what they would offer.

Has anyone actually cashed in on this offer? TIA.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

No, I don't remember that promo, but you didn't state where/what carrier you purchased the BB from?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

It was for ANY carrier and Any location within the US. I believe it was a push right around when the Pearl came out.

All you had to do was buy a Blackberry device and activate it and RIMM would verify you and then have the partner travel agency send you a voucher, good for us to one year from date of issue. Mine expires in Feb of 2008.

BlackBerry Connection - Personal Edition - October 2006

The promo website is dead now, but the deal was real as shown by the link above.

This was nationwide. I'm surprised no one took advantage of it.

UPDATE: I just rec'd an email from the API travel agency saying they were able to locate my certificate/enrollment. I'll call again and se if I can take advantage of this deal and report back.

Last edited by bryanus; 11-10-2007 at 01:23 PM..
Old 11-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sooo... I just called and booked a flight from LAX to MIA in January for $233/person, direct on American(!).

For comparison, I found the exact same flight on American's website for $348/person.

FWIW, this was actually the cheapest flight option available on the AA.com website also.

So amazingly (and to my surprise), this deal worked out. I saved about $255!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Congrats!

I vaguely remember this promotion! I was broke then so I couldn't have taken advantage then.....oh wait I have a girlfriend so I am still broke!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, I can't believe it either. I am surprised I haven't been able to find any other success stories. At the time, I was switching to T-Mobile and knew I wanted the Pearl, and this promo was the icing on the cake. Especially since I pricematched the Pearl to Amazon for $49 (before the $50 rebate), I thought, "Wow, this would be amazing if I can actually get a discounted flight out of this, too."

All in all, a great deal.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
DeanWoods

Model: 7250
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Canada
Default SCAM or NOT?

I have tired for the past 2 days to get a flight from Toronto to Calgary and return, anytime in January-March 2008. At first they stated that the flights are only available within the USA. I stated this is not true as the terms and conditions state flights to Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver are all listed in the terms and conditions on the back of the voucher. They then tried to state the flight had to be from Canada to US and back not within Canada only. I stated this is not mentioned in the terms and conditions, they then stated I was correct. Now they cannot find me a date that I am requesting, NOT AVAILABLE on every date I mentioned. So I have instructed them to search every single day in January, February and March of 2008 for a flight from Toronto to Calgary returning any day 5-7 days later. I was told they cannot do that...
I asked for the name of their legal firm and contact information and they refused to provide that to me. I was told they will call me back.

This is starting to sound like a scam. Regardless, I am fully prepared to sue both RIM and API if this deal does not come through as promised....in their offer.

Last edited by DeanWoods; 11-20-2007 at 05:43 PM..
Old 11-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #8
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

I was afraid that this was how my experience was going to be as well. I hope it works out for you. I was convinced this was a scam as well and very surprised when it actually worked out. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:10 PM   #9
siri369

Carrier: tobile
Default Blackberry free companion airfare

HI

i too bought a BB 8100 last year around december and later fillied in the form for free companion fare and recieved a REGISTRATION form from API florida,since then i didn't know what to do as i don't want to use the airfare and rather give it to someone. What should be my next step? i got this 7 months ago.
can you please advice?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #10
leora1

Model: 8830
Carrier: t mobil
Default Success1

Hey,
I had a good experience with the free companion plan. It was easy to do, and I was super excited to go get my new phone. I'm excited to travel in 2009.

cheers
Closed Thread