BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Shad

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZ
Default Just in Jawbone II

Please Login to Remove!

I've just upgraded my 8703e to an 8330 and decided to give Blue tooth another try.

I just received my Jawbone II and have run it through the paces.

Fit is great. Doesn't seem like I'll need the ear loop but for now it's on, I'm using the small bud and the large leather loop.

It took 30 minutes to reach full charge and paring was totally painless.

Incoming audio quality is rock solid and the test subject, one of the fellows I spend a lot of time on the phone with said it sounded much better than my wired headset off of my 8703e. I visited the mens room, went outside where there was a fair amount of ambient noise, and even found some wind funneling between 2 buildings. He didn't notice any noise from the bathroom visit or the traffic and as long as I wasn't turned so the wind was rushing right by the mic he didn't notice it either. Even in the breeze I didn't notice him being cut off like I'm used to with the phone on speaker.

All and all my initial impressions are very positive compared to my experience with as Motorola HS850 (junk) now let's see how well it holds up. The design looks like it won't suffer the woes of the Motorola I tossed out the window a coupla years ago.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
exsterminator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I just ordered one each for the wife and I today so will give a "range report" also once it has arrived and I have had a chance to test it out.

Last edited by exsterminator; 06-06-2008 at 02:59 PM..
Old 06-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Two Mike Romeo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
He didn't notice any noise from the bathroom visit...
Just what kind of noise are we talking about here?

Strike that... Nevermind!

Randall
Two Mike Romeo
Old 06-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

I have had one since they released on ATT. Much improved over the first. Smaller, louder, and I think the noise rejection is better. Way to go Jawbone team!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 06-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
exsterminator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Mine arrived yesterday, gave it a quick trial run in the car on the way home. Wife said she could hear me clearly (but also the radio in the background which surprised me a little) and I could hear her perfectly. Very happy with the fit and form, hardly even knew it was on. My only complaint so far is that with the "sleakness" of the unit, it can be challenging to work out whether you have turned the unit on or off as there is no dedicated, visible button to do it. Found myself trying a couple of times, holding down the button for a couple of seconds and waiting for the white LED to appear (same for off with the red LED). Pairing was simple and painless. BRAVO
Old 07-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
agilitysteve
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: ATT

I love my Jawbone 2 as well but after numerous forum posts in here and Crackberry, my BlackBerry 8800 will not autosync when I go into pairing mode with Jawbone 2.
I have tried every possible configuration and taken the battery out of the BlackBerry as well to reboot it and it will not autosync w/ Jawbone 2.

Oh well, it's not too hard going thru 8800 settings every morning and manually connecting.

Steve
Closed Thread