Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
uscandy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default The Storm overall I think is good

Please Login to Remove!

However, just like anything else it has its issues. I'm not a big fan of a click screen. It seems to take me forever to type a text. Also, I'm very very surprised at how cheap the screen feels. I sure would have thought the folks at RIM would do a better job.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
carrera

Model: 9520
Carrier: o2 Germany

I think the storm isn't supposed for writers

For me the click-screen is nearly perfekt because I'm mostly only reading me mails and surfing the web.
Normally I only write an SMS or an E-Mail with 1-2 sentences, so no probem for me.

If you are typping long texts you should think about getting you an Bold.

BB-History: 8100 (inactive)/8310/9000/9500

Last edited by carrera; 02-06-2009 at 09:35 AM..
Old 02-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Wow! I feel the opposite.

The click screen is much more forgiving than simple touch. The click screen allows you to thumb across several fields before committing with a click, which is especially nice for those pop up menus.

I only wish the screen allowed you to drag and roll down - namely with the contacts menu. Of course this is an iPhone feature but other touch phones have it in their arsenal. Definitely hope this appears as an upgrade in a future Storm OS.

Verizon 9530
Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
adorkable
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Ask.

Personally, I feel the overall quality of the hardware is far superior to that of my old Curve. It's a very solid phone.

As for the typing, it just takes practice. Start out really slow to get used to it, and it won't be long before you're able to type just as fast as you could on a regular BB keyboard.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
thetruth
Thumbs Must Hurt

I personally love the click screen. My only problem is dust getting uder the screen. Other than that, the storm is perfect for me.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
IowaGuy

ya i find the click screen to be great. I love not having a keyboard on the outside of my phone really nice. With its draw backs it also has its fair share of plus. Overall I am VERY impressed with this phone.

IowaGuy
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
RJ311

NOt sure how long you have had the STorm, but like the others have said it does take time. I was just like you and was frustrated with the keyboard and click screen. Now after three months I would trade it for no other. Give it time.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
crossfadex

Carrier: verizon

I tried to give it time, but i just don't like it so I returned it.I still can't believe they haven't really realeased any new updates for it since December (besides the beta ones). There were things that I liked about the phone, and many small things that irritated me about the phone. Overall, I was not happy with it and I'm getting an Iphone very very soon.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #9
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

i messed with the storm on and off, and have been using a pearl/curve for more than 2 years now. most ppl's fingers/thumbs are at a size where typing on a curve or bold works well, but once in a while leads to errors here and there.....

regardless, ppl still found a home with phones like the pearl, which had an even smaller size and ppl had to use the suretype system, and the phone was still popular.

when you think about keyboard sizes, the storm's is bigger, the keys themselves larger and spaced farther apart than any other blackberry with a physical keyboard....and the effort it takes to input the symbol/key is less than on the other bb's because the 'click' isn't so firm/hard as it is on physical keyboard bb's.

it's the direction bb's are headed in, if you ask me....

all the resistance is coming from ppl that are so used to physical keys (can you blame them, keyboard bb's have been around for years), that they don't want to take the next step and go key-less. (they just haven't realized it yet).

at the same time, the storm is a true blackberry in that it maintains the feature set and functionality that make it an addictive device. it is not fair, if you ask me, that this device has recieved so much negative publicity, because it's RIM's first shot at it. regardless, the quirks aren't even a deal-breaker. i find it hard to see that ppl that "negotiated" using a pearl, now have become so discerning, that they will scoff at a few hickups and loose ends on a device that's evolved so much since the pearl. i guess mentalities like this can be attributed to companies like apple, who give you a device, then 6 months later they make you think it's ancient in order to buy their new device.

the moral of this story: mess with the device for yourself, and give it time. it's really not as bad as ppl are making it, and given time, all bb's will have no physical keyboards whatsoever.

Last edited by zero7404; 02-06-2009 at 11:57 PM..
Closed Thread