Old 11-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
bob_az
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default question about future storm updates

Please Login to Remove!

this may be dumb, if so please forgive.

i've been reading all over the place how over the next few weeks RIM will supposedly be distributing updates for the storm. obviously, for OS updates i'd go to the verizon site and take care of it there (i'm running BIS). but, for OTA updates, here's my question - when they do this, do these updates happen to your phone automatically, or do you actually have to go somewhere to download the update. if you have to go somewhere on the phone to do it, where exactly do you go and how exactly do you do it?

another question - i havent bought my storm yet. i think id rather wait a month or two and let them work out the kinks and then purchase. as verizon continues to sell storms, when they sell them are they distributing them with the most recent OS available? for example, if verizon/RIM do an OS update and an OTA update next week on the storm, and I wait to buy the storm for a month, would my storm most likely have those updates already on them? im just confused on the supply chain and how it works.

thanks for the help!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Arcangel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS

app store