Old 12-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
vlcano57
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T Mobile
Exclamation Tell Me How to Download Wallpaper,Themes,etc from PC

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
Im new to a blckberry so please help me!!!
FYI: I have a 7100T BUT DO NOT HAVE BROWSER
Alright...... i've been trying and trying but HOW?
I click on the image and save to pictures on pc. I open the BB desktop and use APPLICATION LOADER. I use add and look under where I saved it I.E Shared documents. I change it from looking for alx....etc to all files.
I double click on the bmp image and it says "There are no applications designed for your device" or some crap like that......
Now some times it is in and it is checked in application loader....I finish and install. Once it is done my BB resets. Once it is up and running I look under thtmes and it is not there.
ALL In ALL Will someone please just give me detailed instructions for downloading ANYTHING (Game, Theme, Wallpaper, etc) from the internet then putting it on your BB.
Please e-mail directions to [email address]
Thanks,
Jared
Old 12-31-2005, 01:41 AM   #2
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

Here's your info.

http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1755

-MrKyoo
Old 03-18-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
MarkB

Model: 7250

I've noticed that on this site, a simple question typically draws a smartass response like "you need to learn how to search" or, in this case, rather than answering the question, a link to a newcomers thread that tells you what forums are available and how to search.

Ironically, I am in this thread because it was one of ten threads that were returned as a result of the search phrase "install wallpaper". Not surprisingly, none of the ten threads contain information how to install wallpaper.

So I still don't know how to install wallpaper.

If anyone is interested in spending the same amount of time pointing me in the right direction as they would pointing me in an overly generalized direction, or telling me that I'm stupid and I need to search (which amounts to nothing), then I would really appreaciate it.

I have a 7250, carrier is Alltel, OS v is 4.0.2.41, and all I want to do is install wallpaper.

cheers
Old 03-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB
I've noticed that on this site, a simple question typically draws a smartass response like "you need to learn how to search" or, in this case, rather than answering the question, a link to a newcomers thread that tells you what forums are available and how to search.

Ironically, I am in this thread because it was one of ten threads that were returned as a result of the search phrase "install wallpaper". Not surprisingly, none of the ten threads contain information how to install wallpaper.

So I still don't know how to install wallpaper.

If anyone is interested in spending the same amount of time pointing me in the right direction as they would pointing me in an overly generalized direction, or telling me that I'm stupid and I need to search (which amounts to nothing), then I would really appreaciate it.

I have a 7250, carrier is Alltel, OS v is 4.0.2.41, and all I want to do is install wallpaper.

cheers
---
Three methods,

first
Email an appropriatly sized and formated image file to you BB. When it arrives, open the email and scroll to the bottom of the email to where it says attachement. Click on the trackwheel and select the Save option. Answer Yes or OK to anything that comes up

Second
Upload the image to one of the many free hosting sites such as photobucket. Then with your BB browser go to that site and open the image to full size with you bb and again click on the trackwheel and select save.

third
Buy one of the third party apps that allow you to transfer to the BB over the USB, but I don't know if any will allow you to make any transfered this way into your background images or not. These programs can be found in the sponsors section

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 03-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
MarkB

Model: 7250

rcbjr - thanks man. You rock.

That sounds really easy. Basically it is like windows right-clicking and choosing save as background.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Not Exactly, once you save it, you have to open the Pictures App and select the image you want as you wallpaper and open the menu. Then you can set as wallpaper.

Rcbjr
Old 03-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
Ashgotti

Model: g

i dunno of any 3rd party apps that allow the pics to be used as wallpaper.

ascendophoto lets you send pics to ur BB over wire but you can't use them as wallpaper (feature doesn't exist yet) but its still cool cuz you can set it to screensaver or just have pics on ur BB to view.

only way i know to do it over wire is to make a theme with the desired background. in plazmic theme maker, just open a default one, change the bg and export it then load it as a theme on ur bb.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #8
Ashgotti

Model: g

OOPS double post
Closed Thread