Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
vapochilled
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Default lotus notes contact list

Please Login to Remove!

I've put this in here, because it fits better than anywhere else,lol
I got my BB a couple of days ago and set it up on the work BES, it all went easy enough until I tried to sync the contacts..I'm getting double entries for most,not all of the contacts, the doubled entry contains no data, just the name. And the email addy seems to be getting screwed up, because if I try and email from the BB, I get a return response from the server saying unknown, but I can send emails from the laptop without a hitch.
I know this is more of a lotus Q the a BES, but does anyone know if lotus uses the same DB,IE contacts list for sending emails out as it does for displaying contacts?
I did try exporting the list into outlook, which went ok, but now,lol, I can't delete any contacts from the outlook list. Outlook just keeps saying" unknown error has occured,restart outlook"? It's driving me mad, as all I want is to create a contacts list that I can sync with the lappy and BB, I don't strictly need the 2500 contacts from the lotus DB, but right now, I can't edit the outlook one in order to use that.
Can someone point me to where the outlook contacts list is, that way, I can delete it, and just create my own contacts list with details of people I may need on the move?
Old 04-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #2
michaelphillips

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT

Im no expert but had same problem - - has to do with local address book entries in lotus notes - depending if you;ve copied the entry from another address book - it may duplicate it - - only for the first sync though - if you go through and delete the duplicate entries on the handheld - it shouldnt duplicate on next sync
Old 04-09-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default PAB - personal address book on notes

Is where I believe the sync goes to. Do you have Intellisync mapped to this and have you looked are your PAB to see if you have duplicates there? One thing you can try is copy your PAB to a new name. Delete all the entries in your original one and sync. Should send up with no contacts, then change the one with the new name back to the original name. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:00 AM   #4
Stu_Bee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Are you syncing Wireless or via desktop?
Wireless Notes syncing (thru a BES Server) uses the R6 inotes design. In other words, if you look at your notes mailfile via a PC IE browser do you see duplicates as well?
If you don't know how to view your R6 mailfile via a browser you may want to ask your companies Notes Admin.
If this isn't about wireless syncing, then just ignore
Closed Thread