Old 05-18-2005, 12:28 PM   #121
linuxrick
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmobb
whoever is experiencing the 7100T reboot issue, can everyone of you post the city names where it happens/happened?

Troy, MI
Madison Heights, MI
Clawson, MI

So far with the removal of the IM client, I have been good..we will see though, haven't had many longer conversations.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #122
TXBuckeye

Model: 7100T

It's happened to me in and around Dallas, TX. Misery loves company, so thanks to all who have posted their similar experiences w/ reboots during calls.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 PM   #123
BBman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105
Carrier: t-Mobile

I find this thread interesting but would like additional information; carrier, BWC or BES. Was an email downloading at the time (arrow in upper right) and how was the signal strength?
BBman
Old 05-20-2005, 10:29 AM   #124
wangta01
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBman
I find this thread interesting but would like additional information; carrier, BWC or BES. Was an email downloading at the time (arrow in upper right) and how was the signal strength?
BBman
BBman,

Heres my info:

Carrier: T-mobile, BES
Duration: Ever since I got the phone
Latest Incident: Yesterday - was waiting outside at 3 AM for car service, went to dial the car company, was looking in my contacts for the car service entry - boom - hourglass for five minutes - thus couldn't call regarding the call and had to wait for another 5 minutes - frikkin annoying!
Operating system - latest one, think 4.0(?)
Other things done - changed battery (2x), reloaded applications every couple days, deleted IM client, hard reset every morning, brought to T-mobile 3x, talked to T-mobile CS 3x, first replacement handset coming in mail now.

Regarding what i'm doing when this happens, its all over the board. I've had it had many many times in the middle of a phone call - hourglass. While this happens (takes roughly 5 minutes for the phone to get back to operational), the other party, whom you just "hung up on" tries to call back to get your vm. Or, in my case my CLIENT waits for me to call back and leaves pissed off after a couple minutes. Had this happen when getting an email. Had it happen just sitting there (noticed b/c screen turns on).

Truly strange man, truly strange. I'm just wondering what I do if the replacement phone does the same thing. My company has already told me that I cannot use this phone for client contact, so I'm carrying around another "phone" for conference calls when I travel (its a verizon cheapo phone but it works better then the 7100T!!!!)
Old 05-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #125
goblue1969

Model: 7100t
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBman
BBman
Do you work for RIM or T-Mobile?

Many of your questions have been answered by posters already.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:26 AM   #126
jbaileyn

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmobb
whoever is experiencing the 7100T reboot issue, can everyone of you post the city names where it happens/happened?
Detroit area.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:52 AM   #127
mrrippey

Model: 7100t

happened to me three times in about an hour. installed bbreply last and did reset. never happened before, maybe I will remove bbreply since it never happened before. t-mobile while calling in the bronx, ny. signal was kinda low, dicey area where it would pick up then drop rapidly (btw, 7100t has horrible signal strength, cant pick up nothing). do not think it was getting data at the time but it may have (on bwc).

Last edited by mrrippey; 05-22-2005 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding more info
Old 05-23-2005, 06:19 PM   #128
linuxrick

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Crap did it again last night! Rebooted, then took about 5 minutes or so to come back on and operational. removing the IM client, as people said here, didn't help.

Hopefully there's a solution to this soon.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #129
JimmySwinger

I think my 7100T does it just to mess with me at this point. I get two versions of the problem: 1) the quick, ten second whiteout with hourglass, then it goes back to main screen, another ten seconds and it's back on the network. 2) Then there are the fun three to five minute whiteouts with hourglass that seem to kick in twice a week, followed by a minute or two wait to get reconnected to the network.

I'm on my second 7100, the mic on my original flunked out after two months, and I was going to get a replacement anyway due to the problems. The replacement arrived, and within two days I had the exact same problems the original did.

Reboots, annoyingly loud random disconnect tones or call fail tones, plenty of call failures, system errors, the whole works. I have seen it happen within ten seconds of making a call, after being on a call for an hour, when not in a call, when using the headset... ALWAYS related to the phone function. Email works like a charm.

I followed the steps to remove the IM and re-register with the network, too early to tell if it worked...

It is apparent to me that this device was shoved to the market well before it should have been, and the consumer gets to pay the price. My weakness is that I love what it does when it works, and cannot bring myself to give up on it just yet.

Chicago, IL. T.Mobile . Mailstreet BES . Motorola bluetooth headset

Side note: On my past phones, when the signal would drop, I would hear the degradation of quality over a period of ten, twenty seconds prior to losing the signal. With this phone, I have yet to receive a degradation of signal quality, it just drops calls instead. About as much as my past phones, I would say.

Last edited by JimmySwinger; 05-23-2005 at 07:22 PM..
Old 05-24-2005, 09:46 AM   #130
canderson

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Another BBer with problems

We have 10 people at my company using the 7100t, and most of us have been having this problem. Last week (after reading through this thread), we tried this:

1. Delete the IM service book
2. Delete the IM app from thephone
3. Register the host routing table, which then reinstalled the IM app

It didn't work.

At best, it seems to be rebooting faster (but, no less often). Are there any other possible solutions? No one has replaced their battery/handheld, as it doesn't seem to have helped anyone else here.

Chicago, IL. T-Mobile. NOT on BES. It usually happens during phone calls.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:53 AM   #131
JBrezicky

Syracuse, NY

We currently have 6 of the 7100T's through T-Mob and all 6 are having the same issues previously mentioned.

We are currently using BES 3.6

We also have several 7230 and 6230 units with no issue.

My users are starting to snarl louder, and louder.......
Old 05-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #132
gewecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by canderson
We have 10 people at my company using the 7100t, and most of us have been having this problem. Last week (after reading through this thread), we tried this:

1. Delete the IM service book
2. Delete the IM app from thephone
3. Register the host routing table, which then reinstalled the IM app

It didn't work.
Our BES admin was able block the service book from being re-downloaded via an IT policy change. I don't know if that is possible in BES 3.6 (we are using 4.0)
Old 05-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #133
texasag90
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasag90
I downgraded to 3.8 two weeks ago and have not had a reboot or voice quality complaint since. I am on BES and have deleted IM (it has not reappeared either).

It occured to me that there could be two causes for the reboots, confusing things.

Anybody out there on 3.8 AND with IM deleted AND on BES that still has reboots?

I have not had this problem again since moving back to 3.8.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #134
adamg187

I had it happen a couple times under 4.0 OS. I have been on 3.8 for a day so i can't give a good answer.. will let you know if it ever happens. In the mean time if there are any users that are having serious problems with this please use my 10 steps to downgrading to 3.8 (thread) and let us know if that fixes your problems.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 PM   #135
duckworth

Model: 8300
Carrier: Att

I have had my blackberry for around 7 months and this has just started happening to me around three weeks ago. I have had version 4.0.0.198 on T-Mobile fo the last four months but the reboots have just started happening.

I have just removed the IM and service book and see what happens.

It is a major pain because it takes forever to reboot and get back to the call.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #136
TXBBUSER
Thumbs Must Hurt

Angry

It's completely disgraceful that this problem has been reported since March on this forum and nothing has been done about it! Is RIM paying any attention to its users!? I called T-Mobile support a few wweeks ago and they said THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM. I thought it was just me, and let them take my brand new phone and send me a refurbished one. I am so pissed now that I know many, if not all, are having this problem, and that T-Mobile certainly knew about it. If I didn't like this phone so much, I'd get rid of it now, but I won't wait forever.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #137
bjallen2880
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Talking T-Mobile and RIM now aware of issue

I'm not at liberty to disclose any more information than that T-Mobile and RIM are now aware of this issue and are working on it.

No, I don't have an Estimated Time to Resolution.

They have referred to this post in regards to the issue, so your voices (and mine) have been heard.

As Bon Jovi says - Keep the Faith
Old 05-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #138
pkodyssey

Thumbs down I miss sprint...

Missed the cancellation period by 1 day because I was out of town last month. Local retailer and T-Mobile SUCK!!

I was originally told that this was a Quad Band phone and that it would work on any network. Shame on me for not doing more research. Shame on stupid no good lying weasle of a salesperson at "Mobile Solution" for not knowing his product better. I was with Sprint and went through there original growth when the were smaller than Primeco, now verizon. The 7100t is a great "idea" but I am sick and tired of technology that doesn't work like it is suppose to. I am outside of Milwaukee, WI and I use the redirector software. Everything worked great for about 1 month. Now I have the reboot problem and the device hangs randomly. With Sorint at least I could use the phone in my house. Now I have to stand in a window to get any reception. When I drive down I-94 at Hwy 164 in Waukesha I tell people that I will call them right back because the major intersection with 500,000 cars a day passing by and adjacent to a city of 200,000 people isn't big enough for T-Mobile to have adequate coverage to maitain a call.

Please give me a break. As soon as my contract is up I am dumping this service for Verizon. What good is "cheap" service if there is none.

I shall now step off my soap box.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:16 PM   #139
keithc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve

Well I have to admit I thought "Gee you poor TMO people, glad I got the 7100g". Well, today I'm WRONG. My G did exactly the same thing three times today. It's only a month old. I had two fast-cycle reboots in 10 minutes then another a few hours later. IMO, this is not just a TMO problem but a general 7100x product defect. RIM?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #140
wangta01
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

Got my new 7100t three days ago - no restarts yet! I'm happy as hell! Just pray that it doesn't do the restart thing again - if it does I'm likely to throw it very very hard against the nearest wall. Damn the service and a replacement - theres a point where going through this process again just isn't worth it.
Closed Thread