BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
adamg187
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Downgraded to 3.8

Please Login to Remove!

EDIT: after a few hard reboots intellisync works now!

I recieved a 4.0 blackberry in the mail a couple months ago. After being told that i sound like terrible by friends and reading some posts i decided to downgrade to 3.8.

At the end of the downgrade it "restores" all my data, but got hung up.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 4.0.1 desktop manager and when it syncs up i think it is getting hung up on the same thing "alarm backup" (not sure though because there is now graphic desplay on intellisync showing what it is doing).

Any tips on how to get intellisync to not hang.

EDIT this works now after reboot<<As a result of this my email, browser, host routing tables are GONE?>>

somebody help me out.
thanks,
AP

Last edited by adamg187; 05-24-2005 at 03:49 PM..
Old 05-24-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
nlk10010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

When I downgraded my restore got hung up on "Bluetooth Options". After a while I figured out the way to get around this was to do a "selective restore", skipping the Bluetooth.

If things don't look right I would repeat the process: i.e. wipe the handset, restore 3.8 then SELECTIVELY restore your data. When I finally got the hang of the procedure EVERYTHING came back on the handset and I was ready to go.

BTW, much better operation after downgrading. I really haven't had long conversations so I won't draw conclusions, but so far no reboots and better sound quality (albeit low earpiece volume).

=NLK=
Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 PM   #3
gewecht

I've also had a good overall experience with the downgrade. Unfortunately, it's become a matter of priorities: Good voice quality or the ability to synchronize wirelessly. I value being able to hear and speak with people, and don't mind the inconvinence of having to plug in my 7100 once a day and sync it.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
texasag90
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Like you, rebooting the phone seemed to solve my problems. Maybe this should be added to the downgrade instructions as a recommended step.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
adamg187
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Mine got hung on bluetooth options as well (although it initially hung on alarm settings?). I also selectively removed Bluetooth options when i did a "restore" to my device.

My device is working better than ever..
It's really fast. I am recommeding that my friends downgrade to 3.8 as well although one friend is on BES and i believe that he will lose some features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlk10010
When I downgraded my restore got hung up on "Bluetooth Options". After a while I figured out the way to get around this was to do a "selective restore", skipping the Bluetooth.

If things don't look right I would repeat the process: i.e. wipe the handset, restore 3.8 then SELECTIVELY restore your data. When I finally got the hang of the procedure EVERYTHING came back on the handset and I was ready to go.

BTW, much better operation after downgrading. I really haven't had long conversations so I won't draw conclusions, but so far no reboots and better sound quality (albeit low earpiece volume).

=NLK=
Closed Thread