BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
jlovingit

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Lightbulb Having Problems with GPS and Mapquest?

Please Login to Remove!

Well I had a ton of issues getting my Holux 236 to be recognized by mapquest navigator on my pearl. I figured out that if I used BB maps to connect the two I could exit the program and I had a fifty fifty chance of Navigator grabbing the connection. I tried all combination of settings in the "bluetooth setup" and still it was hit and miss. Well tonight I was digging in the phone options menu and found this: options>advanced options>GPS(not in the bluetooth settings mind you). I clicked and it said my GPS Data Source was listed as "none". So I clicked it and sure enough the Holux was there. I set it to the Holux and now my gps connects everytime and very quickly. I am not sure if this setting was always there as I just updated to the newest firmware and I am a blackberry noob. Anyway hope this helps someone else.

Joshua
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Cochese
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: The Tail on the donkey.
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovingit View Post
Well I had a ton of issues getting my Holux 236 to be recognized by mapquest navigator on my pearl. I figured out that if I used BB maps to connect the two I could exit the program and I had a fifty fifty chance of Navigator grabbing the connection. I tried all combination of settings in the "bluetooth setup" and still it was hit and miss. Well tonight I was digging in the phone options menu and found this: options>advanced options>GPS(not in the bluetooth settings mind you). I clicked and it said my GPS Data Source was listed as "none". So I clicked it and sure enough the Holux was there. I set it to the Holux and now my gps connects everytime and very quickly. I am not sure if this setting was always there as I just updated to the newest firmware and I am a blackberry noob. Anyway hope this helps someone else.

Joshua
I have a Freedom Mini GPS and it's paired, shows up in Bluetooth, works with BB Maps and Google, but not Mapquest. When I go into GPS under advanced, it's blank and only gives an option to exit!

"...?..."
Old 08-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
jonnychoc

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I too have the same problem with my 8700. I have a friend that has the Freedom and an 8700 as well and his will show up under the GPS option and then he is able to use it with Mapquest. Has anyone else had any luck resolving this???
Old 09-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
gerardoj

Carrier: Cingular

Yeah any suggestions??, I have exactly the same problem. I would love to see MapQuest running in my Pearl, I'm with AT&T.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
cmguy

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnychoc View Post
I too have the same problem with my 8700. I have a friend that has the Freedom and an 8700 as well and his will show up under the GPS option and then he is able to use it with Mapquest. Has anyone else had any luck resolving this???
I tried to use Maquest Navigator on my Curve with Globalsat BT359 and could not get it work about 80% of the time. It would take it a long time to lock on a satellite and even then after downloading the route it would loose connection would start the signal acquisition, whereas Telenav or Google maps with the same receiver would lock on in just a few seconds.

For $10 a month I do not think this product is worth it. I left a message with MapQuest Support and have yet to get a response.

I do not recommend this product.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

If I didn't get a bluetooth connection, I would exit and try again and it would connect. Aside from that, I like the product.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
gerardoj

Carrier: Cingular

All right I got it fixed. Here was the problem, for some reason blackberry 4.2.1.96 OS wasn't compatible with MapQuest Navigator and my GPS, so I decided to Downgrade, I installed v4.2.0.89, and then I could use my BT GPS with MapQuest Navigator. I got the same problems as the others did mention before, I didn't have anything under Options>Advanced>GPS, it was just matter of OS.

Last edited by gerardoj; 09-10-2007 at 09:13 PM..
Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #8
jonnychoc

Model: 8320

Now that finally makes sense. A buddy of mine is using 4.2.0.66 and his works fine where I have 4.2.1.91 and had nothing but problems...

Time to test!
Closed Thread