Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Was on Tmo 8320
Default After 1 1/2 year of using my BB 8320- still liking it

Please Login to Remove!

My first post on this forum was "dumped the Treo 680 for BB 8320"

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...bb-8320-a.html

That was my impression after 2 days of usage.

Both jsntrenkler and Thatzmister2u were right about my situation. I have not looked back and will never look back to the Palm Treo or other Palm devices. I've seen ads about the Palm Pre being able to do multitasking now, but I'm too addicted to the BB now.

I wrote in the old post about missing the touchscreen after 2 days of usage, but I don't miss it anymore.

I only have one minor problem with the trackball on the BB. I think there's a grain of sand under the ball. It still works, so I don't even bother to clean it.

Recently, my BB turns off suddenly while on a phone call, surfing the web, or just using the phone options. This problem has been resolved with a new battery. It could be coincidental, but I was lazy to use the OEM charger and plugged my BB into a Motorola charger. This was when this problem started.

I also dropped my phone onto a tile floor after a few weeks of usage, but luckily the BB hit the tile with one of its corners and no scratches on it.

My favorite part of the BB is that it goes to stand-by mode as soon as I place it in the holster. And as soon as I take the phone out of the holster, I can hold down a button to speed dial or push a button to enter a desire menu. These features are so convenient.

The "go back" button doesn't work too well with certain applications, but mostly ok. For example, the "go back" button works better in Opera Mini than the BB browser. But it still outperforms the Treo's "go back" button.

Push mail on the BB is unbeatable. To circumvent this problem, my friend set his Treo to retrieve email every half hour. This is still not push mail, but just pull very often.

Finally, thanks to the FAQ in this forum, I was able to tether my BB without having to pay extra. I had to purchase a 3rd party software (costs $30) for the Treo to tether.

I actually looked at the iPhone at one point, but I had to push too many buttons to place a phone call or do a simple task.

I hope this helps whoever trying to choose a phone.
Closed Thread