BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
georgeIII

Model: 7290
Cool Bidirecctional calendar synchronization does not work

Please Login to Remove!

Hello forumī friends

We have a problem with calendar synchronization. The environment is BES 4.0 for Exchange 2003, handheld 7290.

The problem is when you create a new calendar entry on the handheld, the userīs outlook does not reflect the change.
The wireles syncrhonization only works from the outlook to the handheld.

We have tried all the possible versions of CDO.dll including the one that comes with the administrative tools for
exchange SP1.

The calendar synchronization is set to bidirecctional on the bes manager and is enabled on the handheld. We have tried to reset the handheld and resend service books

PLEASE we need a solution, We offer a luxury weekend in Madrid (plenty girls, beers, and much more...!!!)
Old 08-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
marshalross

Model: 7250

This may be a dumb question but are the handhelds version 4? Also were the handhelds wireless activation or cradled activations?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
SDCromer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I had a similar issue only with Lotus Notes and not Outlook. I was always working on the local replica (on the hard drive) of my email/calendar file and the synchronizing with the server periodically. We ended up escalating this all the way to RIM and we found that BES can be a little flakey when working with a local replica. I started making sure that all of my calendar entries are on the server copy and the problem went away.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:12 AM   #4
georgeIII

All the peole are working with exchange mailbox, not pstīs. The customer installed first BES version 3.6 and we migrated to 4.0 trying to resolve the problem, then we make a wireless activation but the problem continues.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
georgeIII

All the peole are working with exchange mailbox, not pstīs. The customer installed first BES version 3.6 and we migrated to 4.0 trying to resolve the problem, then we make a wireless activation but the problem continues.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
marshalross

Model: 7250

Delete service book "Desktop [CICAL]" and then resend service books from BES.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #7
bigyin

Model: 7730

it's probably not down to the CDO version in BES V4. I would check the permissions on the Bes admin account mailbox. it cured a prvious issue i had like this.

on ex2K3 go to sever security porperties and grant " send as " and "receive as " permissions, they might not have been inhertited from " administer info store " which should be set also.

you will need to re boot the server to take effect....
Old 09-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
SteveMRose
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Unhappy Even this did not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalross
Delete service book "Desktop [CICAL]" and then resend service books from BES.
I also have this problem with my 7290 and tried the delete resend service books- no joy.

If I create an appointment on my BB, it does not show up in my Outlook Calendar. If I create an appointment in Outlook, it DOES show up on my BB. If I then delete the appointment on the BB, it is NOT deleted in Outlook. If I delete the appointment in Outlook, it IS deleted on the BB.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I do have a complete backup of the BB (I have a lot of programs installed [cryptmagic, WorldMate Pro, amongst others) and do not want to reinstall so I figure if I have to wipe the BB I can do a restore- or is there an issue with that possibility.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

steve rose
Old 09-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #9
bigyin

Model: 7730

Just verified the permissions on the BES admin account. you will need to have your IT admin check this setting for the "send as " and " recieve as " permissions are set on the BES admin account, It WILL CURE THIS ISSUE !
Old 09-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #10
akdumga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyin
Just verified the permissions on the BES admin account. you will need to have your IT admin check this setting for the "send as " and " recieve as " permissions are set on the BES admin account, It WILL CURE THIS ISSUE !
I believe it also needs "Administer Information Store" as well.

If all that checks out, I would take a peak at the debug logs (the MAGT ones) to see if there are any CDO exceptions occurring when you try to create/update/delete an appointment from the handheld.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #11
CrackWheel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT

Did you install the BES using the BESAdmin login or the Administrator login? I would do a wireless sync search and see if anyone has found a solution.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:25 AM   #12
georgeIII

I think we have the solution. The problem is that exchange 2003 does not apply the permissions correctly when inherited at the mailbox-store level, so you have to apply "Administer information Store" at the server level and apply "send as" and "receive as" at the mailbox store level.
Closed Thread