BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
Mosped

Model: 7230
Default This may be a dumb question...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

My boss asked me today if there was a way to quickly scroll to the top of his messages on his BB 7230 instead of having to scroll through the hundreds of messages that he downloads at a time. He only turns on the Blackberry about once a week so the messages can number over 1000 and it can take awhile to scroll through all of these.

Like I said, this may be a dumb question but I've searched these forums and looked all over the place and I may be missing something right in front of my face.....

Thanks,

Mo
Old 10-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Bunker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosped
Hi,

My boss asked me today if there was a way to quickly scroll to the top of his messages on his BB 7230 instead of having to scroll through the hundreds of messages that he downloads at a time. He only turns on the Blackberry about once a week so the messages can number over 1000 and it can take awhile to scroll through all of these.

Like I said, this may be a dumb question but I've searched these forums and looked all over the place and I may be missing something right in front of my face.....

Thanks,

Mo
Pressing 'T' in while in your inbox takes you to the top.

Also probably a very good idea to update the software on his BB - casual users are always behind in software versions.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #3
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2
Carrier: Verizon

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19

Can anyone say SEARCH?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
Dewars
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74

Se, searr, search. SEARCH!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Oh ya... and I'm the bad guy eh?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Corey, you have been replaced!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
asc1998
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74
You know it gets rediculous on this forum. Makes me not even want to post at all. Every time someone asks a question there are a bunch of jerks complaining about them not searching. What difference does it make to you? Get a life!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
Mosped

Model: 7230
Default Thanks...

Thanks for the helpful replies. And I did search and came up with nothing. What exactly would you search for if you had this question? Thanks again for the assistance....
Old 10-13-2005, 09:29 PM   #9
corey@12mile

OK... how about this... If we all grab our packaging that the blackberry came in... that means the box... the very first thing you have to pull out is a plastic ziploc back... If anyone ever takes the time to look at this, as opposed to grab the device and fire it up, it comes with this little thing called a 'Getting Started Guide'.

Now I know everyone has enough time to google bbf, then click and do a search or two or three... create an account, post a stupid question... but why don't we take time to read the friggin quick start guide?

I know the pages in it are little, like not even 1/2 the size of regular letter paper. I know that the first thing yousee when you open it is 'Tips'... and then 'Navigating your handheld' and then Typing and editing' and then 'How do I' and 'Status indicators'.

Like seriously... does anybody ever look at the stuff that comes with their devices... here's a challenge... grab a Blackberry box, pull out the getting started guide and see how long it takes you to find out how to 'Go to the top of a screen'... My guess... 10 seconds.

This is exactly what I mean by people are too f*cking lazy. They could have found the answer in a lot less time, less hassle, no chance of getting flamed. Not only that, but there is a big guides section here, with tips and tricks, does nobody ever think to look through this?

If your boss is paying you to help them with their blackberry, do your friggin job. Learn about the thing, learn what you need to learn to support it. Don't depend on a free webforum to answer all your questions so that you can keep your job. Spend the time to read and learn, who knows, maybe you'll learn something that might even impress your boss.

Come on people! Why does everyone have to be spoonfed like babies?

cd.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:31 PM   #10
corey@12mile

Oh... and to answer your last question... I just did a search for "scroll to top" and the 4th hit was a sticky called "Blackberry Tips & Tricks"... who would have ever thought?

cd.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:06 AM   #11
shadowbox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: robbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc1998
You know it gets rediculous on this forum. Makes me not even want to post at all. Every time someone asks a question there are a bunch of jerks complaining about them not searching. What difference does it make to you? Get a life!
asc I totally agree with you. I have noticed that too, not just in regard to searching. I have seen newcomers getting chewed out in replies to their very first!! posts, for no good reason at all. Quite a welcome this is. The ongoing flaming by a few bullies is not very good for the relaxed, supportive and polite atmosphere in here. I wonder why some people do that. Upping their post count and venting their aggression are probably the main reasons, but in any case, I feel behavior like this has no place in this forum.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:12 AM   #12
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

What is the fsscination with increasing post counts? Just wondering?

STOP GETTING SO ANNOYED. The person gave the thread and then mentioned the search. The work was already done.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:17 AM   #13
shadowbox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: robbers

Quote:
Thanks for the helpful replies. And I did search and came up with nothing. What exactly would you search for if you had this question? Thanks again for the assistance....
Mosped, welcome to the forum. There is nothing wrong with your original post, don't worry. Just disregard the negative remarks. The flamers are a small minority in here, don't let them deter you from participating in the forum.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:28 AM   #14
Eddie8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 317eec66

Quote:
Hi,

Only turns his blackbery on once a week?????They would have to put the straight jack on me if that happened!!
Why does he even have a Blackberry?

Thanks,

Mo
Old 10-14-2005, 06:28 AM   #15
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbox
Upping their post count
The only people concerned with peoples post count are the people who get flamed. Most people could care less about post count it doesnt do anything for you. You dont get any prizes. There isnt any reward at all for it. Its just a number. Once you reach 600 or so the name never changes anymore.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:50 AM   #16
cohiba smoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbox
Mosped, welcome to the forum. There is nothing wrong with your original post, don't worry. Just disregard the negative remarks. The flamers are a small minority in here, don't let them deter you from participating in the forum.
The flamers may be a small minority, but they are typically the ones that answered the same question the previous 467 times.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:05 AM   #17
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohiba smoker
The flamers may be a small minority, but they are typically the ones that answered the same question the previous 467 times.
Amen brother!
Old 10-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #18
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

this forum is slowly but surely turning into the ideninsider of the blackberry world...if you dont believe me

www.ideninsider.com
Old 10-14-2005, 07:38 AM   #19
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Please. Everyone has to lighten up a little bit.

OK, a lot.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:45 AM   #20
corey@12mile

You know what the first thing that I noticed on that ideninsider? The mods closed stupid threads very quickly. Ingenious.
Closed Thread