BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
downieh

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Exclamation Blackberry 8900 screen turns off after unplugging, keyboard and scroll not working...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

This is my first post!

My phone has recently stopped working and I live far from my phone carrier's store for help in person. I doubt I can save it now... It was a work phone from a previous job who then gave me the phone when my contract was over. I did not think to ask for warranty info etc. Now after use for 2 years, a few drops here and there... it seems to be sick...

1) I cannot seem to enter into my phone as the keyboard does not seem responsive. I have a lock on my phone and now I cannot seem to be able to select the unlock, emergency or call options. I cannot select unlock to enter my pin, or even select cancel. Seconds later the screen automatically goes to by analog clock and alarm. When the alarm goes off, I cannot turn it off or dismiss it either.

The scroll ball only moves up and down the menu but does allow me to select anything, but I can't even use the power button to turn on or off the phone. I can't seem to select the letter U either to unlock the phone... And sometimes it just stays on clock mode...without allowing me to go to unlock menu.

2) As soon as I unplug the phone (whether it is fully charged or charging) seconds later the screen turns off. But as soon as I plug it in again the screen reappears....but often stays at the clock or unlock menu without letting me enter any #s or letters

Any suggestions? I tried to look up similar problems with no avail. I miss my blackberry so much...

Thank you Blackberry community!
Closed Thread