BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
dimm0k
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default HUGE BUG - Applications Banner - discovered with Theme Builder!

Please Login to Remove!

Not sure where to post this, but it's big to any theme developer and user...

If you move or change anything at all in the Applications Banner, Theme Builder 5.0 will create a theme that not only leaks memory, but also a theme that is unnecessarily large!

I've created only one theme before and it is with this theme that I discovered that if you move anything at all in the Applications Banner, the dial screen no longer shows you what numbers you've pressed during the call. With the default theme this does not happen and you do see numbers on the bottom left corner as you press them during a call. Once you move ANYTHING in the Applications Banner, poof! This was what led me to the next bug...

My theme weighed in around 220KB in size without any wallpaper set, so when you load up my theme you see a white background. After I went into the Applications Banner section and reset the icon arrangements to their default, my theme weighed in around 90.7KB! This is ridiculous!

Posting Rules