BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #1
ustna
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t
Default Goodbye Blackberry...

Please Login to Remove!

...you;ve been good to me. but the lack of 3rd party applications and other "wow" factors have made me look elsewhere. On Tuesday, I will be getting the new HTC MDA.

7100t available..if anyone is intersted.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Buh bye.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
mortgageguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustna
...you;ve been good to me. but the lack of 3rd party applications and other "wow" factors have made me look elsewhere. On Tuesday, I will be getting the new HTC MDA.

7100t available..if anyone is intersted.

Yeah, I always buy my PDA's/phones based on the "WOW" factor. It's silly to buy one based on functionality, reliability, and stability.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
ustna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgageguy
Yeah, I always buy my PDA's/phones based on the "WOW" factor. It's silly to buy one based on functionality, reliability, and stability.
Looks like I am making the wrong decision...Riiiiight.

http://www.newmobile.nl/eur/en/submi...ne0_id=13b90dd

Choose 7100t to compare phones.

Don't get me wrong. I love my berry, but it had its day and now it's time to move on to something better suited for me.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
speedsk8berry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Lol how much you want for your 7100t??? If you really are done with the berry scene I will take of you hand heehee seeing as mine is dead very dead heehee. I prefeer the os of blackberries. I wonder why the treo has windows mobile on it now. It couldn't of been the non exsistent constant resets or even the buggy os. Don't even get me started on the wm scene I would never end. I have messed with making win ce 4.0 and 5.0 for devices and I will not do that again. If you are gonna get away from the bb at least look for a device with symbian os. It will save you may headaches. If you wat to sell the 7100 pin me on 202D353D
Old 02-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #6
Coswell

Model: 7100T

I agree, after my experience with my Ipaq 6515 and WM, it will be a long time before I ever try use a phone running WM again.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsk8berry
Lol how much you want for your 7100t??? If you really are done with the berry scene I will take of you hand heehee seeing as mine is dead very dead heehee. I prefeer the os of blackberries. I wonder why the treo has windows mobile on it now. It couldn't of been the non exsistent constant resets or even the buggy os. Don't even get me started on the wm scene I would never end. I have messed with making win ce 4.0 and 5.0 for devices and I will not do that again. If you are gonna get away from the bb at least look for a device with symbian os. It will save you may headaches. If you wat to sell the 7100 pin me on 202D353D
Exactly - This is why my next phone will be the Ericsson p990i which runs the new symbian and has the BB push email system. If the thing ever comes out that is (and if its under 500 bucks which I doubt).
Old 02-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #8
scaredpoet

Model: iPhon
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustna
Looks like I am making the wrong decision...Riiiiight.
Just curious, but what exactly is the point of your post and this thread, other than for you to have an opportunity to rub our faces into your WM device?

The fact of the matter is, some people LOVE convergence devices to death, and like every whizbang gizmo to be attached to their phone. I know I've tried Palm OS and Windows-based devices many times over the years, and ultimately I ended up hating them all. Why? because to me, most convergence devices do a dozen things, and they do them all very poorly. So for the longest time I kept a separate PDA and phone, because despite having two devices, they did their jobs well.

Only time I did get rid of the two was when the Blackberry 7130 came out. It did everything I wanted: E-mail, web browsing, phone, messaging and tethering to a laptop for data. And it does them simply, and it does them well. I've found that devices do their jobs best when they keep things simple.

Do I want my phone to store a few mebagbytes of MP3s and play them clumsily? No, because I can have my iPod store my entire audio collection, and do a better job of letting me access them all. Streaming audio and video? No thanks, don't want that on a tiny screen when I can get much better quality on a laptop.

So, to each his own. Some people like to sacrifice quality in order to carry just one device. Me, I don't mind having things done RIGHT.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #9
go2duke

Model: 8703

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Buh bye.

Well, if you don't use it for work based excchange email (I see only pop on that sidekick looking glob you are moving too) then sobeit.

-G2D
Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredpoet
Just curious, but what exactly is the point of your post and this thread, other than for you to have an opportunity to rub our faces into your WM device?

The fact of the matter is, some people LOVE convergence devices to death, and like every whizbang gizmo to be attached to their phone. I know I've tried Palm OS and Windows-based devices many times over the years, and ultimately I ended up hating them all. Why? because to me, most convergence devices do a dozen things, and they do them all very poorly. So for the longest time I kept a separate PDA and phone, because despite having two devices, they did their jobs well.

Only time I did get rid of the two was when the Blackberry 7130 came out. It did everything I wanted: E-mail, web browsing, phone, messaging and tethering to a laptop for data. And it does them simply, and it does them well. I've found that devices do their jobs best when they keep things simple.

Do I want my phone to store a few mebagbytes of MP3s and play them clumsily? No, because I can have my iPod store my entire audio collection, and do a better job of letting me access them all. Streaming audio and video? No thanks, don't want that on a tiny screen when I can get much better quality on a laptop.

So, to each his own. Some people like to sacrifice quality in order to carry just one device. Me, I don't mind having things done RIGHT.
Amen. Well stated.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #11
ustna

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2duke

Well, if you don't use it for work based excchange email (I see only pop on that sidekick looking glob you are moving too) then sobeit.

-G2D
Actually, the MDA is smaller overall than my 7100t (MDA is a touch thicker). I will be using it on my company's exchange server.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

BTDT, thought I'd give up my BB for the glory of an iPaq where I could do everything....including have my MP3 collection available anytime...well the damn thing froze up on the treadmill at the gym....was fluky at connecting via BT, etc.

If you are on the run quite a bit with serious email requirements, the BB is a great choice.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #13
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Default Done

Hey guys I think he's just trolling for an arguement and were giving it, he obviously hadn't done all his homework regarding windows mobile and isn't as concerned as the rest of us for a phone/email device that just works. I say we get a moderator to close the thread. Anyone else?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #14
ustna

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple85
Hey guys I think he's just trolling for an arguement and were giving it, he obviously hadn't done all his homework regarding windows mobile and isn't as concerned as the rest of us for a phone/email device that just works. I say we get a moderator to close the thread. Anyone else?
Just to be clear. That is NOT the case at all. I wasn't meaning for this to turn ugly by any means. I am just excited and was curious to hear everyones thoughts on this. I don't post much here, but I check this forum at least once a day and have learned quite a bit.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #15
murpheous
CrackBerry Addict

When you run into troubles, and you will. Post em up here. So we can point and laugh at you.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #16
udontknowjack

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mobile

Windows mobile doesn't do real time sync so it has to be scheduled or use SMS, which can get costly and relies on your companies OWA servers to be up and running. Unless you have Exchange SP2, it won't sink tasks or memo pad. And when your password on your network is set to expire, it doesn't work right. (That is, If you get the annoying pop ups on your PC saying your password will expire in so many days) Lastly, Active sync just quits working peridoically and you have to reset the device to get it going again. How do I know all, this? Because we have quite a few WM 5 devices at my company and the people who use them have shared their experiences. They live with the problems but I wouldn't!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:17 AM   #17
dulcamara

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

Lesse here... Wow factors ...

security
BB email
stability
guards never even think about looking for a $#@%$ camera on my device

Wow!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #18
PhoenixStorm

Model: 9000
Carrier: tmobile

Actually the MDA will be an ok replacement since Microsofts push email is now complete and will be a free upgrade on the MDA and SDA but it all depends when it is rolled out to the public. I would seriously wait before switching over to the MDA. The keyboard is flaky, not the best that they could have done. Reception is poor and it is just lacking. The SDA would be a better choice right now of the two but it lacks a qwerty keyboard and the memory slot is behind the battery al nokia ngage 1 style. The other options you would have is the treo 700 which you can get unlocked or wait for the motorala Q to see how that shapes up.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #19
ustna

well...I'm back. Just got my 8700g today. I'll admit, I was wrong. Though the MDA could do many other things that my 8700 can't. It doesn't do any of them very well. Couldn't be happier to be back!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #20
Liv
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Welcome back ustna!

I am glad you found a blackberry you would be happy with.

Ignore the fact that everyone jumped all over you ;)

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Closed Thread