BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
roryc420

Model: 7920
Carrier: Cingular
Default screens....

Please Login to Remove!

My friend's dog recently stepped on his blackberry and cracked the screen. He gave me the broken phone for free because he got a new one. i was just wondering if there was any way/place that sells just the screen. i believe it is a 7280....might be a 7285 if they even make an 85. i don't have the phone on me atm so i can't tell you for sure. i do know that it is a color screen though. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Turn the BlackBerry upsidedown and remove the battery. It should tell you the model number at the bottom of the battery bay.

There are some places like www.promobility.com that will sell you a replacement LCD. A replacement LCD will set you back approximately $100.

Please make sure your friend has deleted his @blackberry.net account, and hopefully the BlackBerry is unlocked (unless you plan to use it on the same carrier your friend used it on).

Alternatively, you can sell this broken BlackBerry on eBay, as parts, especially if the BlackBerry is still functioning (i.e. synchronizes just fine) except for the LCD.

The screens are fairly easy to replace on the BlackBerry, assuming you've disassembled and reassembled a computer before - it's a detachable module. Also, you'll need a Torx T6 screwdriver to open up the BlackBerry plastic case. I think the screws holding the BlackBerry LCD down are also the same T6, if I remember right.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 04-07-2005 at 12:30 PM..
Old 04-11-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
roryc420

Model: 7920
Carrier: Cingular

Thank you so much Mark. the phone is On the Att system and thats the same provider as i'm using. although i'm still on the analog systems so i need to get a sim before i can use the phone...no biggie though because i'll have to repair it first. thanks again for the link man. you really helped me out.
Closed Thread