BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 AM   #21
mtvneric

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Thank you a million times! I really did not want to have to wipe my device. I almost wet my pants when I saw that reset message. I have a VZW 8330 running 4.5.0.77. I used javaloader -u erase -f net_rim_theme_surreal_320x240_422_b.cod.

One thing to note, I'm on a laptop, running Vista (which I don't think makes a difference) but I had other USB items plugged in and it wasn't finding my device. I disconnected all USB devices and retried, and it worked.

Also the command javaloader -usb dir > dir.txt works great to get a list of all the modules, where you can verify the the exact name of the surreal cod file. This also was a good test that made sure I was connected to the device.

Thanks again for the advice!
e
Old 01-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #22
drhink
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

I upgraded my 8300 to 4.5, and like an idiot I tried to change to the surreal theme and got stuck in the error 523 reset loop. I followed GT5L's instructions exactly as shown in the first post and got it resolved. Using DM didn't work - it won't let you uninstall the theme once it's the theme in use. By all means, if you have this theme, delete it because it is pure evil on 4.5.

BB forums rock!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #23
powell1403

Model: 8310
Carrier: t-mobile
Default app 523

I can't get off the screen. How do you get to the other screen to delete the theme???
Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #24
fivetwelve

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtech View Post
same problems as posters above. Just loaded rogers 4.5 on my tmob 8320. Stuck in the 523.

DM won't let me uncheck the surreal theme in the add/remove apps. What is javaloader? is it an existing folder on my comp? Do I have to go download it from somewhere?

Any help is appreciated!
I was so happy about getting DM to show the app (need to do it during boot sequence) but I also CAN'T UNCHECK the app in the list!?! Anyone still out there?
Old 05-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #25
bsegal

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivetwelve View Post
I was so happy about getting DM to show the app (need to do it during boot sequence) but I also CAN'T UNCHECK the app in the list!?! Anyone still out there?
Earlier post from MSA Tech helped get out of this problem:

"... I used the Desktop Manager version of the fix and it saved me alot of work. I could not get it to work right off and figured it was becasue I have a password on my device. I was using Desktop Manager 4.5 on that PC
and it seemed to be able to tell that was my live theme and would re-check it when I un-checked it. Everything else I could uncheck. I then did it from another PC that had an older version of DM (4.3) and it allowed me to remove the theme and rebooted.

Hopefully that helps anyone running DM 4.5 or 4.6 if they have this problem."

Go back and download earlier version of Desktop Manager (4.3) This worked for me!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #26
dantecivic

Model: 8120
Carrier: Digicel

ill really love to use the Surreal Theme back again :( missing it!!!
PLEASE
make it work for 4.5.x.x
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #27
ome2

Carrier: att
Smile thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsegal View Post
Earlier post from MSA Tech helped get out of this problem:

"... I used the Desktop Manager version of the fix and it saved me alot of work. I could not get it to work right off and figured it was becasue I have a password on my device. I was using Desktop Manager 4.5 on that PC
and it seemed to be able to tell that was my live theme and would re-check it when I un-checked it. Everything else I could uncheck. I then did it from another PC that had an older version of DM (4.3) and it allowed me to remove the theme and rebooted.

Hopefully that helps anyone running DM 4.5 or 4.6 if they have this problem."

Go back and download earlier version of Desktop Manager (4.3) This worked for me!
Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!
this saved me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #28
Andrew9000

Model: 9000
Carrier: orange-uk
Default help

have the same problem with my bold 9000 when i try the command prompt thing it sayz....the command is not recognised as am internal or external command operable program or batch file....please help me and tell me what i can do?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #29
chrislaw

Model: 9700
Carrier: mtn cyprus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT5L View Post
After installing the surreal theme people using 4.5 beta on some BB device have been getting "reset error 523". Fixing this reset error is a piece of cake, all you had to do is connect your device to the computer, get to the cmd prompt where you have javaloader saved and type, javaloader -u erase -f net_rim_theme_surreal_320x240_b.cod
This will remove the theme and restart your device, no need to re-install os or erase the device.

I can write a little bat file to help if you are stuck.

By the way, you can use a similar approach if you get this error after installing some new apps/themes. Just erase them using javaloader.
if you can help me with a bat file well appreciated
Old 10-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #30
dwayne09

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

i downloaded a theme indonesia paradise theme nd my phone screen went white with app error 523 on it and i can't get into my phone what do i do step by step please
Closed Thread