Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
sander
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon
Question DST Applied, but calendar on BB is still off

Please Login to Remove!

I've applied every DST patch I have found including the BB DST patch, but our users are still having the problem of an appt entered on the BB is an hour ahead of their Outlook. If the appt is entered in Outlook it appears correctly on the BB. Which one of the patches am I missing? We are using BES 4.1 and BB 7015t's. I'm sure someone else has brought this up but I can't find the right thread.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
jberg29
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-mobile

Are you running the same cdo.dll on your exchange server as you are on your BES and did you register your cdo?

I just ran into this issue yesterday and this resolved the issue for me.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800

Same here. When we ran the exchange patch on the BB server, it didn't update the cdo.dll. Stop BB services and copy the latest cdo from the mail server to c:\windows\system32 on the BB server and register it. Reboot BB server. voila
BES 4.1
Old 03-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
sander
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon
Talking

God I love forums!!! That was it. Thank you both!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
dysfnctnl85

Model: 7100
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander
God I love forums!!! That was it. Thank you both!!!
I've done this and I still have the same problem :(.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
kburd CH

Model: 8200
Carrier: Cingular
Default 3 cdo.dll files to check

dys,
Can you confirm that you checked the exchsrvr\bin on the exchange server and the exchsrvr\bin and system32 on the BES server to make sure they all have the same cdo.dll in there. Dont have to register in System32 but you have to have a copy. Also confirm that you have the same sp on esm for the BES that you have on the exch server...
Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburd CH
dys,
Can you confirm that you checked the exchsrvr\bin on the exchange server and the exchsrvr\bin and system32 on the BES server to make sure they all have the same cdo.dll in there. Dont have to register in System32 but you have to have a copy. Also confirm that you have the same sp on esm for the BES that you have on the exch server...
I have the same problem except we dont use BES. Can anyone direct me. I have an 8700 using BIS.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
dysfnctnl85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburd CH
dys,
BES ESM: 6.5.6944.0
EXS ESM: (unknown)

I can't get the ESM version on Exchange...I can only view the properties of MMC. This might have something to do with Exchange running on W2K and BES running on 2003. As far as CDO.dll, the versions on BES are the same in both exchsrvr\bin and system32 (6.0.6603.0) which is the same version that's on exchsrvr\bin on Exchange.

:headscratch:
Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #9
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfnctnl85
BES ESM: 6.5.6944.0
EXS ESM: (unknown)

I can't get the ESM version on Exchange...I can only view the properties of MMC. This might have something to do with Exchange running on W2K and BES running on 2003. As far as CDO.dll, the versions on BES are the same in both exchsrvr\bin and system32 (6.0.6603.0) which is the same version that's on exchsrvr\bin on Exchange.

:headscratch:
Don't know if this will help, but we were experiencing similar behavior. Some appointments would be an hour later in Outlook than they should be. We used a tool called TZMove to correct select appointments. I didn't patch servers/clients, but I believe that there's another TZMove associated with the patching process, but the tool to which I'm referring is not the same thing. The tool in run on the client and it will display a list of appointments it thinks it needs to correct. This list is not always accurate, but you can uncheck the ones you want to leave alone.

This requires visiting every client, so it's a pain, but it worked for us & maybe it will help you, as well.

Ciao
Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 AM   #10
rehilliard
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9330
Carrier: Verizon

I only have cdo.dll in the exchsrvr/bin folder on BES (win2k). So applying the MS update put the correct version.

Why do some have a 2nd cdo.dll in system32? Is this a Win2k3 thing? I will eventually have to move BES to Win2k3.

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:19 PM   #11
dysfnctnl85

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOR
Don't know if this will help, but we were experiencing similar behavior. Some appointments would be an hour later in Outlook than they should be. We used a tool called TZMove to correct select appointments. I didn't patch servers/clients, but I believe that there's another TZMove associated with the patching process, but the tool to which I'm referring is not the same thing. The tool in run on the client and it will display a list of appointments it thinks it needs to correct. This list is not always accurate, but you can uncheck the ones you want to leave alone.

This requires visiting every client, so it's a pain, but it worked for us & maybe it will help you, as well.

Ciao
That's the thing, the mailboxes have already been corrected using the TZMove tool. All mailboxes are correct at this point. When an appointment is made FROM the Blackberry it shows up an hour off in Outlook, but when an appointment is made from Outlook, it shows up as the right time on the Blackberry.

The handheld(s) in question have the DST patch, all servers have the M$ DST patch(es), so what gives?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #12
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfnctnl85
When an appointment is made FROM the Blackberry it shows up an hour off in Outlook, but when an appointment is made from Outlook, it shows up as the right time on the Blackberry.
I have discovered that we're having the same problem (dang it all to heck).

If the appt is either created or updated (either the time or by adding attendees) then it gets shifted an hour in Outlook. Device and Exchange servers have been patched...and the BES...or so I thought.

I have re-registered the CDO.DLL (v6.5.7651.61) in exchsrver\bin & rebooted the server.

Then found that the CDO.DLL in the WINNT\system32 folder was old, so stopped the Blackberry services, copied the CDO from the \bin folder over and started all of the services (did not register it....should I?).

Haven't restarted the server.....yet. Do I need to? Do I need to register the CDO in the system32 folder?

EDIT: Apparently I just need to be a little patient (not my strong suit). I have edited and created appts on my BB since copying the CDO to the system32 folder and - OMG - it's working correctly. Drinks for everyone!

Last edited by juwaack68; 03-21-2007 at 02:23 PM..
Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
lackofaim

Carrier: t-mo

My BB server has version 6.5.6980.3 in both locations.
My mail server has 6.5.7651.61.
Whats the correct procedure to copy the newer cdo.dll from the blackberry server to the mail server and register it ? Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
I have discovered that we're having the same problem (dang it all to heck).

If the appt is either created or updated (either the time or by adding attendees) then it gets shifted an hour in Outlook. Device and Exchange servers have been patched...and the BES...or so I thought.

I have re-registered the CDO.DLL (v6.5.7651.61) in exchsrver\bin & rebooted the server.

Then found that the CDO.DLL in the WINNT\system32 folder was old, so stopped the Blackberry services, copied the CDO from the \bin folder over and started all of the services (did not register it....should I?).

Haven't restarted the server.....yet. Do I need to? Do I need to register the CDO in the system32 folder?

EDIT: Apparently I just need to be a little patient (not my strong suit). I have edited and created appts on my BB since copying the CDO to the system32 folder and - OMG - it's working correctly. Drinks for everyone!
Congrats! I guess I didn't have patience. I registered the dll and rebooted the server.
BES 4.1
Old 03-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #15
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackofaim
My BB server has version 6.5.6980.3 in both locations.
My mail server has 6.5.7651.61.
Whats the correct procedure to copy the newer cdo.dll from the blackberry server to the mail server and register it ? Thanks for any help in advance.
No, that's backwards. You want to copy from the mail server to the bb server. You will give yourself a whole host of problems if you put an old cdo on your mail server.

Do a search for cdo.dll on your mail server and copy the latest version (found in exchsvr\bin and in system32) to those folders on the bb server. then register it. Previously, I registered the one in exchsvr\bin, but for this problem, it turned out to be the one in system32 that was giving me grief. So, stop the services, register that one and reboot.
BES 4.1
Old 03-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #16
dysfnctnl85

Well I figured out how to fix it...the CDO.dll from Microsoft's patch (the $4K one, but I *ahem*, acquired it) fixed everything. I appreciate the help everyone -- this forum has been a life-saver for us! I registered the new version by first copying it to \Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin and running regsvr32 (I stopped the Dispatcher service first). Then I restarted the Dispatcher service and had a few random users create calender entries -- and they WORKED!

FYI the CDO.dll file is v6.0.6619.9 in both Exchsrvr\bin and Windows\system32 whereas my Exchange Server (2000) CDO.dll is v6.0.6603.0 in \Exchsrvr\bin.

I haven't done enough research on the CDO to figure out if it controls the synchronization of read/unread emails from desktop (Outlook) to handheld...they never seem to agree.

Last edited by dysfnctnl85; 03-22-2007 at 07:03 AM..
Old 03-22-2007, 08:02 AM   #17
lackofaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydi
No, that's backwards. You want to copy from the mail server to the bb server. You will give yourself a whole host of problems if you put an old cdo on your mail server.

Do a search for cdo.dll on your mail server and copy the latest version (found in exchsvr\bin and in system32) to those folders on the bb server. then register it. Previously, I registered the one in exchsvr\bin, but for this problem, it turned out to be the one in system32 that was giving me grief. So, stop the services, register that one and reboot.
Thanks. How do i register it? regserv32 ?

EDIT: Thanks a ton ladydi. I copied the newer CDO.DLL from my exchange server over after stopping ALL of my blackberry services and used regsvr32 to register CDO.DLL and restarted my BB services . My calendar events are fine now.

Last edited by lackofaim; 03-22-2007 at 08:12 AM..
Old 03-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #18
JPenrose

Model: 8830
Carrier: TELUS
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackofaim
Thanks. How do i register it? regserv32 ?

EDIT: Thanks a ton ladydi. I copied the newer CDO.DLL from my exchange server over after stopping ALL of my blackberry services and used regsvr32 to register CDO.DLL and restarted my BB services . My calendar events are fine now.
regsvr32 xxx8220;C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\cdo.dllxxx8221;

Ran that on the BES. Calendaring was spot on afterwards.

EDIT: I was posting at the same time you were editing. Glad to hear you have it fixed.
HTH
-J
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #19
lackofaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPenrose
regsvr32 “C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\cdo.dll”

Ran that on the BES. Calendaring was spot on afterwards.

EDIT: I was posting at the same time you were editing. Glad to hear you have it fixed.
HTH
-J
Thanks. I only ran regsvr32 cdo.dll . It's working.. should i re-run with the path to the other cdo.dll ?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
janusbegins

Do i need to reboot the server? I have heard where you dont, but i have also heard that you might need to. Exchange 2003 bes 4.0.2.8
Closed Thread