BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
jameskk

Model: 8830
Carrier: Alltel
Default Schedule for receiving messages

Please Login to Remove!

is there a way to set a schedule on the BB for when to receive emails and when not? For example, I want to set it so that it doesn't receive email from 11pm - 8am so it doesn't keep me up all night... I just got my BB today and I did a search on this topic but came up with nothing. I have been using a PocketPC for my email and it does have this ability. Any help appreciated.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Go into Options on the BlackBerry and locate Auto On/Off. That's what you are looking for.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
jameskk

Model: 8830
Carrier: Alltel

but will that turn off the phone too? I still need the phone to function during the night.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

You didn't say that

See if you can set up a profile to do what you want.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
djrobsd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
You didn't say that

See if you can set up a profile to do what you want.
Well profiles are useful except that most of us forget about them after we set them! So say you go to bed and you set it on night mode where the phone rings, but the email does not vibrate, what happens the next morning if you forget to turn it back to normal/

I think it would be more useful to have the profiles also include times in them so you can have profiles automatically come on and off during various hours/days.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:14 PM   #6
jdh
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Time-based profiles is a feature I think most of us are hoping RIM will implement in the future.

However, in the meantime, a very useful feature that works for me is the ability to set different behaviour for in and out of the holster... So my "Quiet" profile actually prevents the BB from making any noise when it's out of the holster, but still applies all of the vibration functions for when it's actually in the holster.

Since I almost always carry my BB in it's holster, if I forget to turn the "Quiet" profile off when I get up and leave home in the morning, it will still vibrate on incoming messages, as long as it's in the holster.
Closed Thread