Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Just don't assume.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #22
kamedos

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar

Im on Movistar network, Colombia and since yesterday noon I have no bbm o emails, only works with WiFi
Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #23
The Sand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Just don't assume.
I didn't. For me what she said proved true. What have you brought to the table?

Last edited by The Sand; 02-21-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Old 02-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #24
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

The fact that other people, on other carriers, have different issues and should NOT be treated as if they have the same issue as AT&T customers do.

So I brought a sense of perspective AND EXPERIENCE.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #25
djhobbes

PIN: Head
Carrier: ATTWS

I wish I would have checked the forums first; I am having the same issues, and I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour. He of course didn't mention anything about an outage, but my hands were sure tired from removing and reinstalling my battery the 20 or so times he had me do that.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #26
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

This appears to be VERY sporadic.

There is a good mailing list/reporting web site at DataOutages.com - Blackberry & Carrier Service Outage Information Center - and there are no reports there!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #27
The Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
The fact that other people, on other carriers, have different issues and should NOT be treated as if they have the same issue as AT&T customers do.

So I brought a sense of perspective AND EXPERIENCE.
I would agree with all of the above...

Remember I created this thread - what was told to me through AT&T Tech support did work (for me.) And I did my homework before I even started here by rebooting, live battery pull, backup of data and 3rd party apps, then a wipe of the handheld and reinstall. After nothing worked I called AT&T as I had been having trouble for more than several days. There are also 2 other BB users in the home (also AT&T) and they were experiencing no trouble - so things were pointing to trouble specifically with my device - thus the call.

I passed along the information from that call - we are not babysitters here. People can take from what is written and determine if it does or does not solve their problem. Only they can know if it does or does not apply - I am not holding their device in my hand...

In the end I am so grateful that this issue is not mine to solve I could cry. I have enough tech devices running various OS and firmwares ... with their flashing to solve their crashing, booting their clone to swap their hang up on start up, Restoring their image cuz system restore is always a failure - it just goes on and on....

As long as RIM solves this - and I don't have to... I praise God I get a pass on this one.

But if we don't share what works for us - then we get... nowhere.

Everybody as an individual is responsible for what they deem from the information provided, but in my book... some information is better than none.

Sandy
Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #28
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Right - and please reread post #12 and you can see why there is this discussion.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #29
The Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sand View Post
Well if it is happening across carrier lines it may take the carriers awhile to figure it out. Since it isn't them

You don't need to do anything - you can just chill... it will eventually start working.

Sorry this happened since you are a new user... that would be frustrating. But hang in there - I am sure you will be happy with your new BB after they get this resolved.

Sandy
I have no problem with this post. If he has determined that what A&T told me, did indeed work and apply to him - then there is nothing wrong with this post.

It has been my experience every time there has been an BB outage - I have never had to do anything to get my BB to start receiving data again. I didn't have to do a restart or do a battery pull. It just started rolling data through again. That was the statement, "You don't need to do anything."

I guess the bigger question would be why did T-Mobile, who he apparently spoke to via telephone not help him? I have a T-Mobile contract for an N900 and think they are very good at support. The N900comes unlocked so I don't know if T-Mobile has the equivalent of "MediaNet"... but again, those are question "he" needs to ask - not me.

But I don't feel I steered him in the wrong direction...

Sandy
Old 02-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
nick.dollimount

PIN: 216DF034
Carrier: Rogers

PS. Same issue was on Rogers as well. Fixed up now though; they had to "refresh" my account on their end to get it going again. He said only some devices were still being affected by the aftermath.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #31
justincase

Model: BOLD
Carrier: ATT

I am still down in Houston with BES and 9000.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #32
The Sand

Mines "dead stick" as well. I will call again tomorrow if it isn't working by then...

Sandy
Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #33
NickRWin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with AT&T going from customer service to tech support to "laptop service" to RIM level 1 to RIM level 2. After speaking to the fifth person, they were able to fix the issue by reinitializing my BB in their system somehow. I also had to resend service books for my one BIS POP3/IMAP account to get that to work again. Now all seems to be OK, but no sign of any of the messages that were sent to me during the outage for BIS POP3 or BIS Direct (delayed BES messages came in OK). FWIW, one thing they had me do to pin point the issue was go to Options-Mobile Network, and then select Diagnostics Test from the menu and then Run. It failed (said "No") on BlackBerry PIN-to-PIN.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #34
The Sand

What a drag to spend that amount of time. Been there done that - hated it.

But thank for sharing this. I am going to call AT&T again, because if there is something that needs to happen on "their end"... well then they should do it.

Thanks again for posting!

Sandy
Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #35
alexleary

We've had some success using the following steps. I'm trying to find out if this will be necessary for everyone that was impacted or not.

xxx8226; Turn off Wi-Fi.
xxx8226; Remove/replace battery
xxx8226; Go to: Settings xxx8211; Options xxx8211; Advanced Options xxx8211; Host Routing Table
xxx8226; Click on Options
xxx8226; Click xxx8220;Register Nowxxx8221; (Save if prompted)
xxx8226; Remove/replace battery
xxx8226; Reactivate BB
Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #36
soonerBB

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

Mine is on Sprint and has this exact same issue, since yesterday morning...
Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #37
NickRWin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexleary View Post
We've had some success using the following steps. I'm trying to find out if this will be necessary for everyone that was impacted or not.

• Turn off Wi-Fi.
• Remove/replace battery
• Go to: Settings – Options – Advanced Options – Host Routing Table
• Click on Options
• Click “Register Now” (Save if prompted)
• Remove/replace battery
• Reactivate BB
Unfortunately this did not work for me (did it about four times during the course of my marathon call with the five reps).
Old 02-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #38
soonerBB

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

Ok, no sooner than i typed that, everything is working again finally over the mobile network now.

EDIT..well I went into roaming, so it worked well then lol

It's not responding as well as it should...maybe it will improve by the morning..

Last edited by soonerBB; 02-21-2010 at 08:47 PM..
Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #39
justincase

Model: BOLD
Carrier: ATT

Still down.

Last edited by justincase; 02-21-2010 at 11:41 PM..
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #40
The Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexleary View Post

• Turn off Wi-Fi.
• Remove/replace battery
• Go to: Settings – Options – Advanced Options – Host Routing Table
• Click on Options
• Click “Register Now” (Save if prompted)
• Remove/replace battery
• Reactivate BB
Glad this worked for you and hopefully others will have success as well. After I did a reinstall I had to reregister my device again (for some reason the BB browser never makes the reinstall and reregistering is required.) Unfortunately reregistering didn't work for me.

But tonight while I was eating dinner I heard the mail piling in the BB one after another (beautiful sound it was)... The only thing that didn't come around was the AP Mobile News Reader app. I had to uninstall and reinstall that app to get it to start downloading stories again.

So I am okay right now. But it has done this before in the last couple of days... I am keeping my fingers crossed it holds.

In the end the carriers need to give more guidance here... that is why we pay them (we don't have direct access to RIM.) They should not just say, "It's RIM too bad." I'll give you 24 hours with that kind of statement and then you better come up with a solution - that either gets me rolling, or tells me when I will be rolling.

Good luck to all!
Sandy
Closed Thread