BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:22 AM   #61
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry, I took your underlying question to be, once the BES admin sends a kill policy, can the device be used again with a fresh policy minus the kill? I didn't know the answer but figured Daniels solution was easier.

Having understood your process makes me wonder if I can use it to open up my bluetooth sync???? One of those things that makes you go HHHhhhmmm???
Old 04-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #62
booya2007

Model: 8700
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayachandra
Guys!
Some simple work around for the frustrated EBay customers sprout in my mind. Can someone confirm if this would really work.

Lets say on EBay, I was sold a locked BB which doesn't allow me to make a call (or any other very basic operation). Now if I download a BES trial (I'm assuming that it would be free) and register my BB into it and then via this BES if I reset this device's policy to 'Default' policy won't the BB be unlocked? I strongly believe it would.

regards
Jayachandra
One problem, I believe you need an exchange server to make this work or else you can't install the BES trial and connect it to the blackberry. The issue is that most of us with the problem don't have exchange servers to do this with. Any other thoughts or maybe I am mistaken on needing an exchange server but it seems logical.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #63
booya2007

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Sorry, I took your underlying question to be, once the BES admin sends a kill policy, can the device be used again with a fresh policy minus the kill? I didn't know the answer but figured Daniels solution was easier.

Having understood your process makes me wonder if I can use it to open up my bluetooth sync???? One of those things that makes you go HHHhhhmmm???
give it a shot and let us know if it works out!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #64
Soapm

Exchange server I have not so I think I'll be content.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #65
poonjahb

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Nevermind, this still did not remove the IT Policy.

Possible solution for everybody affected by a problem like this with a newer Java based BB.

Download the BlackBerry JDE Components from BB's website (It's in the developers section). Extract that and run "javaloader -u wipe". It appears to do the same as a nuke from the BES management console, which removes all data (including the O/S). You will then need the BB desktop and the appropriate handheld software for your device from RIM (which can all be downloaded from the BB website). I am trying this right now on a spare 7520 that I have from work and will update with the results.

Last edited by poonjahb; 04-27-2006 at 10:56 PM..
Old 04-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #66
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Wipe will not remove the IT Policy and neither will a trial form of the BES someone else reported trying that already and it did not work, Daniel's way does work at least partially and it will allow you to do third party installation. What it does not do is remove the restrictions on bluetooth synch that your BB may have. I say may because it is not necessarily something everyone will do.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #67
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Daniel's way does work at least partially and it will allow you to do third party installation. What it does not do is remove the restrictions on bluetooth synch that your BB may have. I say may because it is not necessarily something everyone will do.
Sort of, his way works all the way for which it was intended. It removes the policy. What you need is a new policy to enable BT. That is a different deal. Daniel tried to modify his policy so it would enable BT but he doesn't have a 4.? BES server and no kind soul has yet to secretly let one slip out...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #68
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
Sort of, his way works all the way for which it was intended. It removes the policy. What you need is a new policy to enable BT. That is a different deal. Daniel tried to modify his policy so it would enable BT but he doesn't have a 4.? BES server and no kind soul has yet to secretly let one slip out...
I agree Soapm and I commend his work to date, I am far from sounding like i was disappointed at all, just making it clear if there was someone planning on applying to get BT working, since it wont. I used it for the initial intended step and was and am still extremely happy with the results he gave me.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 05-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #69
mrgeemoney

Model: 8900
PIN: 2076730C
Carrier: UTS
Question

Dan I did evertthing you said to remove the IT policy, but now when i use the desktop manager it asks me for a password. when I put my password in, it does not accept it. I have 6 more attempts. the password on the BB works fine to unlock it but won't work on the PC with the desktop manger.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #70
poonjahb

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

If anyone would like to give me some tips on how to export an it policy from a BES, I would be happy to give it a shot. I have access to a BES 4.1 server. Either PM or email me at poonjahb at sbcglobal dot net.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #71
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Is the password on the BlackBerry Alpha-numeric? and if so, when you are typing it on the BlackBerry, are you holding the alt key to get the numbers? or are you just getting letters unknowningly?

To reset the counter, enter the password on the Blackberry then connect to the computer again.

Zro
Old 05-04-2006, 09:03 AM   #72
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

The policy.bin stuff (IIRC) was from a Domino 2.2 BES. You can't export a 4.1 BES's IT policy. So, it is quite possible that there will be no way to use a policy.bin to enable the Bluetooth sync since by default it's disabled with an IT policy. But the snag on this one is that if the BlackBerry sees that there's an IT policy at all then it will disable Bluetooth sync unless the policy says to enable it. so if your policy does not say "enable bluetooth sync" the Blackberry itself will disable it. And this is where everyone is running into problems with the policy.bin file.

Zro
Old 05-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #73
mrgeemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro
Is the password on the BlackBerry Alpha-numeric? and if so, when you are typing it on the BlackBerry, are you holding the alt key to get the numbers? or are you just getting letters unknowningly?

To reset the counter, enter the password on the Blackberry then connect to the computer again.

Zro
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #74
mrgeemoney

Question IT Policy

Do I have to wipe my BB 7290?

I only see the wipe option when I go to the security/password, is that the same?

I did everything else but wipe my BB and it didn't work I still have the IT Policy. I'm scared to wipe my BB 7290.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #75
mrgeemoney

Question

I only see the wipe option when I go to the security/password, is that the same?

I did everything else but wipe my BB and it didn't work I still have the IT Policy. I'm scared to wipe my BB 7290.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #76
Soapm

What scares you about wiping your BB? We are here for you...
Old 05-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #77
jibi
BlackBerry God

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeemoney

wiping the handheld gives it a window to overwrite the policy that is on there - no wipe, no new policy.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #78
mrgeemoney

Talking

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone who helped me I no longer have an IT Policy! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 02:28 AM   #79
betabob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1e1w
Hi, okay it seems that the newer Policy.bin (bt-policy.bin) still isn't enabling Bluetooth.

Does anyone know the Policy.inf syntax to enable bluetooth? I guessed at the following:

DisableBluetooth {policy} = false
DisableWirelessBypass {policy} = false
DisableDesktopConnectivity {policy} = false
DisableDiscoverableMode {policy} = false
DisablePairing {policy} = false
DisableBluetooth {policy} = false

... but this doesn't appear to be working. I'd guess that someone with a newer BES could find this out using the ITPolicy tool.

Sorry the last one didn't work, like I said, I can't test this stuff

Dan.
Hi Dan - did you ever get the answers you needed so that BT can be re-enabled for desktop sync? Thanks!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #80
ONE2MANY

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

I am having a problem I Bought a BB 7230 on Ebay and it was wipe out (image) and the seller reimburst me the money because the IT policy was wipe out and TMOBILE or RIM can't help me it did have a IT policy i downloaded 4.0 v and desktop & Handheld Softy's but i can seem to get and Internet browser on my BB i do have email and stuff like that but can some one help me !! I am new to this site..
Closed Thread