Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Vitechka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Default Charge pod vs charge/sync pod

Please Login to Remove!

Recently bought off amazon.com a charging pod for my 8900.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry BlackBerry 8900 Desktop Charging Pod: Cell Phones & Service

however I was quite unhappy to find that it does NOT sync.
then i found that there exist some pod which look exactly the same (BlackBerry Curve 8900 Desktop Charger Sync Pod [OEM]) and they DO sync.

so is that right? and there are two different types of pods?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
eLogikal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 217CA4DA
Carrier: T-Mobile

I ordered the same one and it's great for the nightstand with bedside mode. I knew when I ordered it that it wouldn't sync. The thing that got me was that there was a seller stating he had one that did sync and came with a spare data cable as well. I get the thing and it's the same dock but with a data cable and was 3 times the cost of the original. I still haven't found an OEM sync dock only aftermarket. Let me know if you find anything and where.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

NO. thos two products are EXACTLY the same, they have just NAMED them differently.
The reason the charging pod OEM from BB wont sync, is because it uses contacts in the pod to contacts on the BB which ONLY like to the battery to charge.

If like me, you have a desk where your BB usb cable is, and your charger is pretty near; you put the wall charger into the pod, so it charges, and use the usb cable into the usb on your BB so that you can SYNC while its sitting in a cradle.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
eLogikal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 217CA4DA
Carrier: T-Mobile

Not a bad idea. Thanks.
Closed Thread