redf42

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: dont know
Default Language Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

Can anyone help me?
When you go into your caller list (basically when you hit the green phone button) and click the button to bring up your menu, the word "Ruckwartssuche" appears as one of the options! Every other option is in english bar this one. Is this some sort of bug? How can i remove this option? i dont even know what language that is.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

You mean rueckwaertssuche. It means reverse search. Are you on BES? And why your carrier is listed as "don't know"? Who withholds your carrier information from you?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
redf42

Sorry I didn't know what carrier meant. Here in the uk we use the term network.
I'm with orange.

What is BES?

How do I get rid of that word? Its so annoying coz everything else is in english apart from that.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: AT&T

What os are you on? BES is blackberry enterprise service. Is your blackberry connected to your corporations account, or do you use BIS, which blackberry internet service, for personal use.
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
redf42

my os is v4.6.0.221

i dont use my blackberry for work and its just for personal use. The network im on is called "Orange".
Old 03-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

hi redf42,

carrier, network, operator, mobile service provider, cell operator all mean *almost* the same thing so don't worry about that. Just update your profile to list Orange under the carrier section.

Coming back to your problem now, rueckwaertssuche means reverse search and if your phone came from Orange UK shouldn't be there. So where did you get the phone from?

Your phone has either been registered at some point on a corporate system ( that BES thingy the other user was talking about) and has leftovers on the menus, or you have installed either a mapping (gps, location, postcode) application, or a contacts management app that has non english menus. Those are the only cases this word makes sense that i can think of.

If that's an Orange branded handset you can pop into an Orange shop, tell them "the future's bright" and would be even brighter if they could take away the germans that are invading your blackberry.

If you want to do the dirty deed yourself you can download software specific to your blackberry (Bold/9000) and your carrier (Orange/UK) from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...223C61B1B5AB89

I would suggest since you seem to be inexperienced with the platform to go over the FAQ before you attempt software upgrades. Talking directly to Orange is also a good idea. I believe they charge 20p a pop for the privilege but you can use the mail form in the Orange site to email them.
Help and Support -- Contacting us and then select if you're a contract or a PAYG customer.

Let us know how it goes.
Closed Thread