Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
s373n

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default Very frustrated user...

Please Login to Remove!

Got the old "non-responsive keypad" thing happening...

Yes, it has been humid the past few weeks. And yes, occasionally the device is carried in my pocket. The device has never been "wet" or had anything dumped on it. Moisture indicator on device is very slightly pink (so warranty is apparently void) and one on battery is perfect white with pink strip..

I have read and read and searched and searched. I've done the hairdryer thing, done the bag of rice thing, cleaned trackball etc etc and am now at day 5 of attempts to remove whatever moisture there may be. Next step is to try the OS wipe however I'm having trouble doing install on Windows 7 (64 bit) and have read the warnings about the overuse of JL_Cmder so am unsure as to whether this will really actually do anything to fix this...

The thing that frustrates me to no end is that these devices are so susceptible to failure due to something as trivial as humidity or sweat. I know of half a dozen users that are experiencing the same issue. It needs to be dealt with or I won't spend another penny on one of these things...

I have owned a couple of Curves and now this Tour, and for the most part they have been trouble-free and a great device to use... But this is just ridiculous - enough to make me a convert...

Any advice or direction in solving this is appreciated...
Old 08-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Read this:
Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

What part of "Do NOT check it each day" is confusing? Seriously, 4-5 days solid, in the rice should do it. Loading a new OS (i.e., running juice through a non-thoroughly dried device) will likely insure it won't work ever. But seems you're already past that point.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
s373n

Carrier: Bell

Going to try again but disassembled. Warranty is already lost so nothing to lose...

Thanks for link...
Old 09-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
notsatisfied
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: verizon
Default ear sweat is a problem

i have the same issue AND i do not to my knowledge have an overly sweaty ear...blackberry doesnt care as is evidenced by the call i just had with support. you are on your own...so get an ear piece or learn to listen out of a less sweaty part of your body...OR...only take calls in your freezer!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsatisfied View Post
i have the same issue AND i do not to my knowledge have an overly sweaty ear...blackberry doesnt care as is evidenced by the call i just had with support. you are on your own...so get an ear piece or learn to listen out of a less sweaty part of your body...OR...only take calls in your freezer!!!!
You don't really read well, do you? Or is it a comprehension issue?

It's probably not a sweaty ear problem.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
notsatisfied
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: verizon
Default god help you!!!

OR ME!!!! Read what I am writing!!! IT IS A SWEATY EAR PROBLEM!!!! I am helping the poster realize that you cannot get your ear close to the Tour without it leaking sweat into the LCD. Naturally, since this is MY experience and NOT the EXPERIENCE of the TOUR using PUBLIC, my Tour is DEFECTIVE!!!!! However, since Blackberry doesnt cover water damage, a fact that I AM well aware of, they get out of replacing my DEFECTIVE phone with a new NOT SO DEFECTIVE phone!!! This naturally seems not to apply if you can tell me that everyone that uses the TOUR, including the original poster above, has sweat leakage!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

What exactly does "a sweaty ear problem" have to do with a user experiencing problems with the KEYPAD??

Last time I checked, you don't place your ear on the BlackBerry keypad in order to listen to a phone call.

??
Closed Thread