BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
niki4258

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Exclamation unlock sprint phone not allowing blackberry service to activate on another network

Please Login to Remove!

bought a phone from amazon it was an unlock sprint phone by the way i am not in the US and i am the Caribbean the phone is working well i use the sim card here and it makes calls etc. but i am not getting the blackberry service on the tour, i called my service provider and they keep giving me turn arounds telling me that they technicians need to upgrade something pertaining to the phone was wondering is there something that sprint has locked on the phone or whatever that is blocking my service by the way we have plenty phones here imported from the US under the US carriers that works down here

FYI: when i register it tells me sorry process cannot be completed try again later

any suggestions because i am gettin mad and fed up :S
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: unlock sprint phone not allowing blackberry service to activate on another networ

Do you have a Blackberry data plan?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
niki4258

Default Re: unlock sprint phone not allowing blackberry service to activate on another networ

i cant register to get it it is a prepaid sim card
Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Then all you have is voice and SMS....
To get e-mail, web browsing, Facebook, etc. you must have a BlackBerry Data Plan.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
niki4258

i think you all not quite gettin it i mean with my service provider i have register for it send the provider a code askin to activate it that is what givin me the trouble the reply i am recieving when tryin to activate is sorry cannot process try again later
Old 12-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Let's start at the beginning. You have a prepaid SIM card. Have you called your carrier to see if they can add a BlackBerry Data Plan to the account?

And we understand perfectly.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
niki4258

what exactly should i look @ in the link
Old 12-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

What link?
Call your carrier!
Closed Thread