Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #21
lambdacoreaz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304AEE5F
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

1. when watching a video and a call is coming thru it takes at least 2-3min for it to start playing again.

2. bluetooth hasn't been picking up when speed dial is used and lags horribly when activated during an existing call

3. selecting text is sloppy as all hell ( i know i know i had to restate how terrible it is)

4. sometimes in portrait mode while viewing pictures, swiping begins to zoom in rather than moving to the next picture

5. calls are sometimes answered in speaker mode! (very bad when im in meetings or classes)

that's all i got for now, im surprised no one else has listed these...

oh and this just happened after i posted

6. phone LOCKS while watching a video (WTF?! seriously?!)

OH AND ANOTHER ONE

7. Caller ID lists a different caller than is actually calling...very strange and i picked up a call from someone i didn't want to speak to thinking it was someone else...this def needs to be fixed

7105t>8320>9530 whats a curve?

Last edited by lambdacoreaz; 11-26-2008 at 07:22 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #22
robotpedlr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite1234 View Post
Today's problems... (added to my list above)

7 - Can't answer calls. Phone rings, press the green answer key or press the on-screen "Answer" softkey, call doesn't connect. Press again, and again. Eventually calls goes to voicemail. Happened 3 times today. .
Happens to me to...very frustrating. I think it happens mostly when the phone is picked up and shifts from portrait to landscape (or reverse) and then slows down to where it doesnt let you answer via any of the keys...hate that.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
wild satchmo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertioch View Post
That said, I've had the storm 2 full days now and I am growing to love it... yes, it has these problems listed above. But, I can accept most of them...

I had an 8703e previously, so that's my "comparison" BB. I have coworkers w/ Pearls and I hate them, I can't stand the suretype keyboard... (I am trying to learn it in Portrait and maybe I'll grow to like it sometimes).
Diddo. I am growing to love the storm also even though there are all of these issues. I know RIM is working on releasing a fix for the biggest problems first and then they will address a lot of these.

In terms of your comments on the suretype - I think you will learn to LOVE it. it is the only way I can type on the storm. It is rough at first, but after your blackerry builds its custom dictionary and learns your dialect it gets way easier and so much faster to type with.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #24
djniche
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

When I answer a call with the send hard button while the phone is in landscape mode, the call gets answered and the screen is blank.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #25
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb Re: Bluetooth Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdacoreaz View Post
1. when watching a video and a call is coming thru it takes at least 2-3min for it to start playing again.

2. bluetooth hasn't been picking up when speed dial is used and lags horribly when activated during an existing call

3. selecting text is sloppy as all hell ( i know i know i had to restate how terrible it is)

4. sometimes in portrait mode while viewing pictures, swiping begins to zoom in rather than moving to the next picture

5. calls are sometimes answered in speaker mode! (very bad when im in meetings or classes)

that's all i got for now, im surprised no one else has listed these...

oh and this just happened after i posted

6. phone LOCKS while watching a video (WTF?! seriously?!)

OH AND ANOTHER ONE

7. Caller ID lists a different caller than is actually calling...very strange and i picked up a call from someone i didn't want to speak to thinking it was someone else...this def needs to be fixed

For what it is worth, my trusty 8703e has the same issue with Bluetooth lagging when coming on during a call. As I use Bluetooth almost all the time (since my headphone jack died and I have been waiting for the Storm), Once I found a good Bluetooth headset, it has become (much to my dismay ... looks really geeky on a guy my age) a fixture.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
Stormy McStorm

Model: 9500
Default random camera launch

Aside from 90% of the problems that have been previously discussed, i'm having major issues with my camera launching unexpectedly. I've turned off the side quick key that was previously designated for the camera but somehow when i'm randomly texting or more recently, using bberry msgr, the camera will launch where the text is being displayed but will sometimes leave the keyboard active. eventually the camera takes over the entire screen and the only way i've found to get out of it is to try and launch the keypad in the phone mode. It doesn't always work and sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds to respond but i feel like this os is possessed. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #27
d51350

Model: Storm
Default Lock but won't unlock-- Storm

Keypad lock key works to lock screen; pressing it once is supposed to unlock the screen. Nothing happens.
Must power off the phone, remove battery, replace, reboot.
(Am I missing something? Any fix planned for update?)

Last edited by d51350; 12-03-2008 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Old 12-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #28
d51350

Model: Storm
Default Lock but won't unlock-- Storm--Answering my question

OK, I get it. Not intuitive, but I get it.
Pressing the Lock button from the selection of menu buttons locks the keypad. No problem there. When screen is pressed again, message appears with a "Key" icon. However, that icon is not active. To unlock, find the almost invisible "soft" key located on the body of the phone, top right side, on the edge of the phone body (not on the touchpad) and press it.
Sorry to bother everybody with this.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #29
mbacio

Carrier: VZN

I can't figure out how to make the "tool bar" at the bottom of the screen appear and disappear without going to the menu button. It seems to decide to appear and disappear on its own without any noticeable logic or pattern.

I also wish it had a standby mode like the Bold and the Curve so that the screen won't lit up when it or the hard keys are pressed when I put it in my pocket. The lock mode does not do the job.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #30
jconsta315

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
For what it is worth, my trusty 8703e has the same issue with Bluetooth lagging when coming on during a call. As I use Bluetooth almost all the time (since my headphone jack died and I have been waiting for the Storm), Once I found a good Bluetooth headset, it has become (much to my dismay ... looks really geeky on a guy my age) a fixture.
Yeah, I have the same issue with the speed dial. When you hit speed dial it beeps a couple times in the headset and then disconnects. However, it works fine when dialing from the contact book. Has anyone found a solution to the bluetooth speed dial issue?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #31
Equipedrn

My storm isn't a month old and the screen went blank/black on me yesterday. I have reset it a few times, as suggested by someone in one of the forums but it didn't work. i hear my alerts but can not see anything. I was typing to someone via Yahoo IM and the screen went fuzzy then it went blank. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions???
Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #32
jjd228
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon. (Exchange/BES Architect & Engineer since the very very beginning :)

yeah it sounds broke. return it.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #33
boiserockguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wounded Knee View Post
I was very frustrated by the lack of an arrow key for precise placement of the cursor until I found the Storm meathod of cursor placement.

To move the cursor to exactly where you want, click to get it close, then hold your finger on one spot (don't click) until the cursor turns to an outline shape. Then drag your finger and the cursor follows. The cursor will stay in its outline shape until you pick your finger up.
Wow..that tip helped me a lot..I was getting pretty frustrated to not be able to click in the exact spot I wanted.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #34
cjpitsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW
Default Blackberry Storm Speed Dial Issue

Jawbone / Storm Issue:

When dialing from the Speed Dial List, the Jawbone disconnects and the normal Storm ear speaker kicks in. Real annoying! I'm currently on Verizon's 4.7.0.76 OS.
Closed Thread