BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #21
zsasbo

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

agree with you with everything EXCEPT the typing of messages.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #22
mrf30
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
Carrier: verizon

I'm curious about losing the click it has to be possible it's a already written into the os in certain aspects it recognizes where your fingers are. Also I was in message folder today deleting some messages and to do more than one you touch the first and last one not click and it highlights all them so this has got to be possible.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:24 AM   #23
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

there are applications for the storm that work like they would on an apple device, touching confirms the action...

personally, i like the blackberry way, touch to highlight, press to confirm...
Old 03-31-2009, 09:45 AM   #24
BES-Bill

Model: 9530

I'm not a fan of the clicking screen either, its just makes things slower. Although I can see how not clicking would screw with the OS. It's not as simple as turning it off, it would need to distinguish between a press and a swipe. No reason it can't be done but it is a departure from the design.

Something tells me that the giant single button underneath will wear out over time and everyone will need the ability to change it to non-click mode.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #25
zsasbo

Thanks for all your thoughts! Keep em coming! Maybe someone will listen and give people the option. Whether you like it or not, having the option to turn the feature on or off specifically for typing text seems like something that could be done. Agree that the giant button concept is going to see way more use than many buttons. I wonder if it is one button, or 4 buttons, one on each corner.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
jeffmik
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

I'd like to see an option that allows for you to continue input while the screen is still pressed with another finger. So if you're using two thumbs you could type a bit faster instead of waiting for the screen to bounce back. I've found 'the rhythm' for typing as fast as I can but could go faster if it allowed this.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #27
2lipfox

Model: STORM
Carrier: VERIZON
Thumbs up Thanks For Addressing A Much Needed App

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT SHOULD BE AN OPTION FOR THE STORM. THE SURETYPE IS A GOOD CONCEPT BUT IT WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER TO TYPE LONG MESSAGES IF YOU COULD DISABLE OR ENABLE A TOUCH ONLY FEATURE.....AND COME ON, ANY APP IS POSSIBLE WITH THE RIGHT CREATOR BEHIND IT. IN MY OPINION, RIM SHOULD HAVE ALREADY THOUGHT OF THIS THEMSELVES. I HOPE THAT SOMEONE CAN CREATE THAT KIND OF APP SOON!!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #28
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeen View Post
You have to remember, the screen is ONE HUGE BUTTON. The device doesn't know recognize your key stroke unless you push in the button. That is simply the design of the Storm.
What total nonsense.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #29
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lipfox View Post
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT SHOULD BE AN OPTION FOR THE STORM. THE SURETYPE IS A GOOD CONCEPT BUT IT WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER TO TYPE LONG MESSAGES IF YOU COULD DISABLE OR ENABLE A TOUCH ONLY FEATURE.....AND COME ON, ANY APP IS POSSIBLE WITH THE RIGHT CREATOR BEHIND IT. IN MY OPINION, RIM SHOULD HAVE ALREADY THOUGHT OF THIS THEMSELVES. I HOPE THAT SOMEONE CAN CREATE THAT KIND OF APP SOON!!
Both opera mini and storm slider (to name but two) allow actions without clicking the screen down.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #30
zsasbo

I am glad I am not the only one out there! The push button for typing is stupid. I'd develop an app if I had any programming skills whatsoever.
Closed Thread