keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Please Login to Remove!

Hi muntu
Well, by this time next week we all should have our Storms
Not heard or seen anything about the extras you talk about but i do hope we get a desktop cradle and the 1gb microsd card - all good stuff.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #42
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just looked again at the Phones4U web site and it shows that the Storm comes with a "Free 8gb Memory Card" as part of a Speciall Offer.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 AM   #43
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Vodafone is also accepting orders now:

Vodafone U.K. Starts Taking BlackBerry Storm Pre-Orders As Promised / Launching By November 11th | BlackBerryNews.com
Old 11-06-2008, 03:14 AM   #44
muntu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500

Hi Keith

That doesn't mean they wont have them in store on Sat for those who want to walk in and buy. I'm not saying they definitely will, but they may.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:27 AM   #45
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Muntu,
Yes your are right, we can only wait and see.
I just hope the phone lives up to all the hype that its getting - the Phones4U web site states "Has a real candidate for the iPhone killer finally arrived" i'm not too bothered about that, i just want the phone to work and do what i want it to do, but be better than the phone i have now - 8120.
I'll have to wait and see.

Question for you Muntu or anyone else reading this thread - I'm going to port my number over from O2 as i have my PAC code - but i've 14 days to return the phone if i don't like it - would i be able to go back to becoming an O2 customer or because i've ported my number over to Vodafone have to stay with them?
Any ideas/thoughts?

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 03:42 AM   #46
muntu

Keith

In theory you can port your number as many times as you want.

Post a thread on forum.vodafone.co.uk

(n.b. I'm bigrob on there).

I hadn't noticed that they were doing the free 8gb card. Voda only give you a 1gb. Although if you pre-order and put in offer01 you do get an extra 1gb card.

If you have to port your number might it not be worth hanging on and go and play with one in the P4U store or Voda store. Plus in the next week there will be plenty of replies stating what we all like and dislike about the phone.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:01 AM   #47
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Muntu,
I'll post on the same question on forum.vodafone.co.uk and see what feedback i get.
Yes your right there will be plenty of feedback over the next 2 weeks or so about how good or bad the phone is. So i could just sit tight for a week/10 days before having to make my mind up.
Thanks for you help.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 04:19 AM   #48
muntu

Keith

What are the main things you want the phone for and I'll try and give a good run down once I get mine.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #49
muntu

Vodafone are now saying that they are expecting the phones in to them on the 14th or 15th.

Which means it's going to take a few days before they then post them out.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #50
celios

Model: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by muntu View Post
Vodafone are now saying that they are expecting the phones in to them on the 14th or 15th.

I am taking this as a positive sign that they will be loading the devices with the latest firmware before they are given to customers.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #51
muntu

I suspect this was the plan all the time as the comp on Vodafone's website to win a Storm was running until the 14th.

Any coincidence?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #52
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
I am taking this as a positive sign that they will be loading the devices with the latest firmware before they are given to customers.
I doubt that - I can't imagine they will be unpacking, flashing and then repacking literally thousands of handsets. The handsets will be sitting in some warehouse by now if there was ever any meaningful intention of launching this weekend.

Unless of course they had no real intention of releasing it this weekend, were planning on encouraging people into pre-ordering on the basis of a promised launch date, and then holding it back a few weeks. Which would not surprise me.

Have tried now phoning the Voda store that convinced me to cancel my online order and place an in-store order instead on the basis that they would be the first place to get it in the country. Can't get through to them, they have no hold system, only an answering machine and CS are now telling me that because it's an in-store order, I would have to physically go into the store to enquire about my order - they have no record on their system.

*sigh* I am beginning to think that this is going to end badly and that I've been duped by the sales staff at the Experience Store in London.....At least with my online order I was able to check the status with someone and get some realistic (or any) idea of release.

It's always depressing to think that your misgivings about mobile companies and their delivery promises are almost always shown to be right! It would be nice if a company announced a launch and actually stuck to it for once rather than announced a launch, then continually added days and weeks as convenient to generate and maintain hype without having to provide a product.

Anyway, I hope the Storm when it is released eventually does actually live up to the hype.

Last edited by machiavell1; 11-06-2008 at 06:56 AM..
Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #53
celios

Model: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1 View Post
I doubt that - I can't imagine they will be unpacking, flashing and then repacking literally thousands of handsets. The handsets will be sitting in some warehouse by now if there was ever any meaningful intention of launching this weekend.
See muntu's post above. Maybe they intended the 14th, maybe they intended to release earlier but they are waiting to get enough units on hand to satisfy initial demand. Who knows? Only some bod in Vodafone!

There's a very positive review on pocket-lint.co.uk, hopefully some other good reviews over the coming week will help to make the wait easier.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 AM   #54
machiavell1

Quote:
Originally Posted by celios View Post
See muntu's post above. Maybe they intended the 14th, maybe they intended to release earlier but they are waiting to get enough units on hand to satisfy initial demand. Who knows? Only some bod in Vodafone!

There's a very positive review on pocket-lint.co.uk, hopefully some other good reviews over the coming week will help to make the wait easier.
Agreed. Some bod in Voda and possibly Lewis Hamilton.....

And the pocket-lint review is very encouraging!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #55
muntu

Maybe we need an insider at Customs and Excise in case they are stuck in a warehouse in Dover !!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #56
bbdivo

Model: 8700

Quote:

According to the pre-order page the date is now the 18th! Hope they don't change it any more, my current phone is on its last legs!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #57
machiavell1

According to Online CS (I just spoke to them), they're still expecting it in stock on 11th, but it will take "2-4 days to reach customers".

I think the only safe thing that can be said is no-one really knows when this phone is coming out!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #58
muntu

I emailed them and got this reply

--------------------
Thank you for ordering the Blackberry Storm handset from the V-Store website.

We sincerely apologise, but unfortunately the handset in question is currently out of stock, we expect to receive stock in 7-10 days and will then fulfil your order.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #59
machiavell1

Quote:
I emailed them and got this reply

--------------------
Thank you for ordering the Blackberry Storm handset from the V-Store website.

We sincerely apologise, but unfortunately the handset in question is currently out of stock, we expect to receive stock in 7-10 days and will then fulfil your order.
That's standard automated response though I think - I got the same thing when I pre-ordered last week and when I phoned up CS to query it at the time, they said that is the standard email that goes out for any out of stock handset and because the pre-order is treated as an out of stock handset, you get the standard reply. He told me to ignore that response as it was essentially meaningless!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #60
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1 View Post
I think the only safe thing that can be said is no-one really knows when this phone is coming out!
Could not agree with you more - as i think none of us really know what's going on the back ground its just a case of "wait and see"

Cheers

Keith
Closed Thread