BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
jheiney
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

I just got this to work like a charm. Another forum I read stated that the username is *********@vzw3g.com, but the password is your phone number. I changed the phone model to "Other/Verizon Support" and the password to vzw and it started working fine.

Thanks for the assist, everyone.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
GALRADS

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Unhappy Tethering my MAC using my Storm

I appreciate this post series as the bluetooth communication configuration setup described to use bluetooth to tether a Blackberry Storm with a MAC computer works great.

However, my experience is that my MAC keeps losing the connection in a very short time after connecting.

When this happens my MAC displays an error message:
Internet Connect -- The connection wa terminated by the remote site. Please try again.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Can something be done to tweak something on either the blackberry Storm or the MAC to eliminate this so that my MAC stays connected to the internet via my blackberry Storm?

This disconnect happens using bluetooth or connecting via USB using the USB cable included with the Blackberry Storm.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #23
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALRADS View Post
I appreciate this post series as the bluetooth communication configuration setup described to use bluetooth to tether a Blackberry Storm with a MAC computer works great.

However, my experience is that my MAC keeps losing the connection in a very short time after connecting.

When this happens my MAC displays an error message:
Internet Connect -- The connection wa terminated by the remote site. Please try again.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Can something be done to tweak something on either the blackberry Storm or the MAC to eliminate this so that my MAC stays connected to the internet via my blackberry Storm?

This disconnect happens using bluetooth or connecting via USB using the USB cable included with the Blackberry Storm.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

I had problems when my airport was turned on at the same time as a bluetooth connection. Make sure that is turned off. Otherwise it tries to search and connect other networks.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #24
falleyne

Carrier: VZW

I just did this with my MacBook Pro works great. I am only getting 600kb/sec download and 200kb upload. I hate that VZ only shows 1xEV for both reg and 3G.

I did it on speedtest.net
Old 12-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #25
lakeshel

Carrier: verizon
Default Help?

I'm trying to do what everyone is say works but still having issues. Currently, its asking for a password than once you try to enter in a password it gives an error message of could not open communication device. What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #26
terencejlewis

Default Works Great for Me!

lakeshel - Did you get the Bluetooth working?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #27
djrobsd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Default Sorry folks you are all SOL

Verizon is very smart.

The instructions in this post work great, but as soon as you go to any web site, it will be like trying to get internet at Starbucks, it will redirect you to a page saying that you need to call an 800# to add it to your plan and it tells you the prices, $15 w/ Blackberry Enterprise, $30 for regular users, or $59.99 without your phone (using an aircard). 5GB per month, .25 a meg over.

No free ride here... LOL guess I will go back to my jailbroken iphone with PDANet. ;)
Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #28
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobsd View Post
Verizon is very smart.

The instructions in this post work great, but as soon as you go to any web site, it will be like trying to get internet at Starbucks, it will redirect you to a page saying that you need to call an 800# to add it to your plan and it tells you the prices, $15 w/ Blackberry Enterprise, $30 for regular users, or $59.99 without your phone (using an aircard). 5GB per month, .25 a meg over.

No free ride here... LOL guess I will go back to my jailbroken iphone with PDANet. ;)
Tethering on verizon is not a free service. If you look over earlier posts, you will notice that people are paying the tethering fee. Tethering with your BB is a cheaper option than a another service contract with an aircard.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #29
cyrdax

Model: storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamegs View Post
Strange. Because I was having the same error message, but as soon as I installed the new OS, it worked with no problem. I would maybe try deleting the bluetooth pairing and the settings, dong a battery pull on the phone and restart on the computer and then re-setting it al up. You are using these settings right?

Modem: Other
Phone Model: Verizon Support
Username = **********@vzw3g.com
Password = vzw
Number = #777

I think they are releasing the new OS officially today, .76. Even though the download is not al that different, maybe it would help?
latest OS and tried deleting pairs, rebooting and battary pulling. still getting same error: "A modem error occured. Please check your settings and try again."

why????? trying to pair the storm to my macbook via bluetooth. device pairs fine with the mac and it tethers fine with my pc... why cant it tether with my mac???

is there a specific modem script i need for the storm? if so where do i get it?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #30
bluesqueen23

Model: Storm
Default Modem Error

I am getting a modem error as well. Has anyone tried this with version 4.7.0.148?
Closed Thread