Lunatik1889

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Cant send pix on Tmo Storm

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi305 View Post
what type of tips and help do you need ? i have been a bb user since the pearl came out and my previous bb was the curve, now im running the storm on tmobile ftw !!!
I need help with my unlocked Blackberry storm For T-mobile.. Cant send pix cant do alote of things
Old 04-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 3053D7B3
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXTYNINEWEST View Post
Another damn thing that came with my IPHONE that I am sure we will have to pay for with the fresking STORM.... BB Get with it.... Put this crap in the OS.
they apparently have fixed this i think in the yet unreleased versions of the OS...still waiting for it to get freaking released....geez...i'm with you on the protest to RIM/BB
Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by matharris04 View Post
a few tips:
-first and foremost DOWNLOAD TALKLOCK
you will HATE talking on this phone without it...there's no way to lock the screen while in a call so your cheek will constantly be muting your call, flashing to another line, calling random contacts, exiting to homescreen and attempting to open apps...don't put up with it, get talklock, it automatically locks the phone while in a call, and you can toggle between locked and unlocked while in a call, and it only takes a minute or so to install
-try to get used to NOT lifting your finger off the screen when typing, just slide until the desired letter is highlighted then click
-since there's no menu option to empty your inboxes (SMS, MMS, eMail, etc.) touch (don't click) the message at the top of the screen with one finger, then touch the one at the bottom, this highlights these messages and all those in between, then click delete to erase all the ones highlighted
-to select a single letter in you entry field, hover your finger over the word, slide slowly until the cursor is behind the letter of your choice and click--now you may edit this word
-it always good to power off and remove your battery for a minute or so once a day to clear the RAM and all that useless data that's slowing your phone down
-if a website doesn't display or function completely, try going to options then browser configuration and turning your browser identification to Firefox or Internet Explorer and seeing which one works for that site
-and most importantly play around and find your own tricks that work for you, have fun

as far as the power off and remove your battery idea, there are multiple progams and even one called Quick Pull that you can schedule to restart your Storm on a daily basis although it doesn't let me do it because there is something else wrong with my phone with my "remindermanager" process that i now think is a problem with my Google Sync app....i call it "remindermanager" because that is the name given to it by BB when it finally catches the uncaught java exception...it's always process ID 69 too...weird

i was also told to perform a tower update info every 30 to 90 days by verizon

do this by the following command:
*832 - option 2 (dial this and then choose option 2 and wait for confirmation)

they also recommended that i fix my service books weekly by registering and visiting this website to do it from a desktop computer:
www.blackberry.com/go/

i also recommend using the memory cleaner daily and clearing the browsing cahce/cookies/etc. on fairly regular basis

make sure your phone is updated to the latest OS and all the apps to the latest versions

and something i have yet to find for the storm is how to access the log files to clear them...i used to do this on my 7130e, but the shortcut "lglg" is not possible because it's a touch screen storm! any ideas anybody?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

apparently it's not *832...i think i was totally mistaken on that

it's *228 - option 2 (wait for confirmation)
Closed Thread