BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
yamahayzfr6

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Unhappy O2 connection problem. Orange OK! Help please..

Please Login to Remove!

I have a problem which I think is down to O2, as Orange works fine... Please read on.....

I have an application installed on a BB Bold (9000).. It allows you to connect to a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) for CCTV camera's.

It is a Java based app and it installed fine and I can enter all the correct settings IP Address, user name, password, port etc... to access the DVR.

I have set my APN settings to APN:mobile.o2.co.uk USER:mobileweb PASS:password. I have also "allowed" everything in the programs advanced settings/permissions.

However, when I try to connect I get an error message

" Error occurs while parsing login message. (code = 28) "

Not sure if the error message is program or BB based....

I think it is an O2 based issue, because if I use exactly the same settings (apart from the APN network specific ones) on an "Orange" connected Bold 9000, it works fine and I can connect straight away !!! I can access all the functions and view any of the 16 camera's....etc. I can also access the DVR from a PC without any issue....

I can only conclude that it has to be an O2 issue due to the fact an Orange BB 9000 works fine...

Any ideas / help very much appreciated.... I have been in touch with O2 several times, but still waiting for a call back from their "second line" tech support guy's....

I can supply a copy of the app and connection details of a DVR to connect too, should anyone want to try it.....

Many thanks in advance.....
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
yamahayzfr6

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

I think I have established the reason for the problem. It appears that O2 do not allow you to stream video through the use of a third party app... Only via the browser...

If you check out the SKY sports mobile service.... They say it will only work with Orange, Vodafone and T Mobile... specifically not o2...

I have tried to establish if this is the reason with o2 technical, who were unable to comment !!!!

Biggest and best mobile provider.... Don't think so....!!
Closed Thread