BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
dex
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Telus
Default What kind of Blackberry software do you want?

Please Login to Remove!

See original link here which was closed due to inactivity. Sorry for the delay (a year I guess?) but I took a job doing Java/JSP development and just couldn't come home to more Java in the evenings. But in the next month or so, I'm going to crack open this RIM JDE again and see what comes out. Place your suggestions here.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

i want a simple idiot proof task screen.

__ Call Mary

__ check out new hole in road

__ buy potatoes

__ etc.

with simple check boxes for where the "__" are, checked to completed and it moves to bottom of the task list. I don't really care if it has due dates (would be good) and could be sent to calendar if someone wants it. Also, ability to send to email?

A very basic TO DO list.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I would love a data tracking program for my Curve.

See this thread...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-software.html
Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
dex
Thumbs Must Hurt

Can you track your data usage on their website? If so, I have an idea for an application that would automatically log into your online account and pull the data. I know Telus has that information online.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Can you track your data usage on their website? If so, I have an idea for an application that would automatically log into your online account and pull the data. I know Telus has that information online.
No you can't. Rogers does not have a way to track your data usage. You have to call into tech support. :(
Old 10-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

You can't from TMo or ATT either, only on the online billing.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #7
dex
Thumbs Must Hurt

That idea's out then. I'll see what I can come up with. It'll be a month before I can start though, moving to another state and need to ship my computer.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
radiotech1

Model: 9850
Default Backup Software

I would like to have someone develop a software package to backup/restore your Blackberry to/from the SD card. If I am out of the country and I have to a hard reset then I would be able to restore it if I don't have access to my laptop.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

radio, a hard reset will NOT delete or erase any needed data from your BB. It primarily will clear the cache, free up memory, browser pages held in memory, etc. Nothing to lose by pulling the battery to reboot... believe it.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #10
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
See original link here which was closed due to inactivity. Sorry for the delay (a year I guess?) but I took a job doing Java/JSP development and just couldn't come home to more Java in the evenings. But in the next month or so, I'm going to crack open this RIM JDE again and see what comes out. Place your suggestions here.
Thanks for asking:
My main problem with my BB is the PIM/ CRM:

The one thing I am looking for in a BB PIM is the ability to link contacts with activities.

I use ACT and need the solution for that but this could be useful for anyone trying to associate what they do with the person they are planning on doing it with.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
DigitalX

Carrier: AT&T

I may be in the minority, but if you're up to it, I'd love to see a port for the old id software/raven game Heretic (or Hexen if that's easier). I realize that I'm asking a lot, but you never know until you ask.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:56 PM   #12
NG1208

Model: 7250
Default Oh, please, please, please...

I've been searching for weeks for a BB program that works like the "Timesheet" program for the Palm OS format appears to. I've never actually used the Palm program, but it looks like what I want. All I need is a very simple way to record some information while I'm on the road. I need the date, hours, mileage, a project name and a charge code for later transfer to a handwritten timesheet. A "notes" section might also be useful. I don't care whether the program interfaces with anything or not. I don't care whether or not the files can be e-mailed. I would transfer the information to a written timesheet when I get home each weekend, delete the record and start over again every two weeks. If the program came up on a drop-down menu in the calendar, that would be handy, but I'd be thrilled without it. As long as it has a way to record the information listed above, the simpler, the better.

I have seen another thread where someone else suggested this same thing, but I figured that the issue had died long ago. This is probably an easy program to create for someone who knows how. Since I don't, all I can say is that I would be VERY thankful if someone were to follow up on this. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't exist or I wouldn't ask for help.

BTW, I'm using a Verizon 8703e with the 4.1 OS. Thanks for even considering this!!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #13
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

-A small simple program that allow me to map a button to the flash of the 83xx or 8100 camera allowing it to be turned on and off as needed and used as a flashlight.

-A program that links the calander/tasks and addressbook functions like so: When making a calander/task entry it allows me to add an entry from the address book as the location of the calander entry or task with full address, phone number, location and notes. Thus if I need to call the location or see a map to it I can just look at the calander entry or task instead of checking that and then looking it up in the addressbook. Perhapse the same could be done for attendees of the calender event or task as well.

Free would be nice but I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for good programs that accomplish either task.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #14
jawbrkr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AA4660
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cool

How about a PDF viewer...Not that crappy beamberry sruff. Perhaps acrobat reader for blackberries.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #15
dex
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm liking a lot of these ideas. I think the first one that I'll try is the one that appeals most to my needs......a tracker for monthly data usage.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #16
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
I'm liking a lot of these ideas. I think the first one that I'll try is the one that appeals most to my needs......a tracker for monthly data usage.
You'll make some very very good Canadian friends if you.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #17
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Wooohooo. Yes us canadian will love ya.

I am looking forward to it. PM me if you need a beta tester.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:30 AM   #18
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Sudoku game with better controls. :(

Numbers 1-9 ( if ALT needed, set it in such way ALT pressing is unnecessary ) inputs either sub-numbers or chosen number depending on mode, and another button to change modes. That's pretty simple huh?

I suppose for another people you can add solver and auto-sub-numbers, but I wouldn't need those features.

Oh yeah and customizable graphics would be really nice. :D

I would have worked on this myself if I wasn't a C++ beginner and doesn't even know how to add interface and use interface elements. :(

Thanks.

*edit* Oh yeah, a generator would be nice, but can you add a way to make my own puzzles even if generator was included? Thanks.

Last edited by Iare Tosevite; 11-25-2007 at 01:32 AM..
Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 AM   #19
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I would have to go with JS I would love a simple to do list I have to always put it in the calendar and move it from day to day. I don't like the task in Outlook at all. Just want a simple "line" to do.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #20
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Any report on progress for this app?
Closed Thread