Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
jjones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular
Default I am going to jump out a window from this

Please Login to Remove!

my blackberry life is in shambles ever since I switched to mac.

I always had win desktop manager and my bby BIS work pretty well. I switched to mac and nothing works.

- pocket mac gives me doubles and triples and doesnt map custom fields
-missing sync doesn't support entourage and the sync between entourage and address book doesn't map everything.
-using desktop manager via parallels - usb goes on and off., takes forever and crashes

I will do anything to get my contacts to sync. I have a pst file with my contacts. any online hosting to use? any solution that is quick and fast? I am about to lose it.....
Old 03-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
elcivic

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Default No Solution

I hate to say it my friend, but the mac users are still out in the cold. I have spent hours trying to work out these problems, and basically i have gotten pocketmac to work great, but i do not sync my mail with the mac, I just have seperate accounts on my phone for these emails. The one problem I have is that I cannot install themes with OSX.

The light at the end of the tunnel, however, is way better blackberry support on the new OSX, coming out soon.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
cdd543
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

You could always use bootcamp.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I am having these same problems and am on a g4 mac so no bootcamp.
honestly its enough to drive me to another phone until they get this fixed.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
sdaum@mac

Model: 9530
PIN: 3059F597
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I feel your pain using a PBG4 with 8100. pocketmac works 1 out of 5 trys and missing sync does sync but not all the info. Somewhere between isync, entrouge, and exchace I'm having my contacts info jumbled into other contacts. Data loss...Bad
Old 04-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #6
sdaum@mac

Model: 9530
PIN: 3059F597
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Mac OSX 10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcivic View Post
I hate to say it my friend, but the mac users are still out in the cold. I have spent hours trying to work out these problems, and basically i have gotten pocketmac to work great, but i do not sync my mail with the mac, I just have seperate accounts on my phone for these emails. The one problem I have is that I cannot install themes with OSX.

The light at the end of the tunnel, however, is way better blackberry support on the new OSX, coming out soon.
New OS X 10.5 delayed until October. "they" say becuase of the iPhone.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #7
PocketMacAnne

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Data Loss with Entourage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaum@mac View Post
I feel your pain using a PBG4 with 8100. pocketmac works 1 out of 5 trys and missing sync does sync but not all the info. Somewhere between isync, entrouge, and exchace I'm having my contacts info jumbled into other contacts. Data loss...Bad
Wow, I'm really sorry you are having so much trouble.

If you are using an 8100 with PocketMac, you should try the latest version 4.0.20 that RIM posted recently, here:

http://www.discoverblackberry.com/di..._solutions.jsp

Whether you are using PocketMac or any other sync solution, there is something you need to know about Entourage... its indices have a tendency to get old and out of date, and you definitely should run your Database Maintenance procedures frequently to keep it in shape.

Sync programs must tie into Entourage's exporting program to get the data out. Entourage does NOT allow us to have access to all the fields, especially custom fields. We literally have to work with whatever it spits out. I have seen it spit out garbled data (names not matching addresses, phones, email) when it looks just fine on the screen. Spooky.

The good news is that if you quit Entourage, then hold down your Option key while you restart it, you can run the Rebuild Database utility and Entourage will straighten itself out.

As a bonus, it backs up the database at the same time. So, we often recommend this as a basic maintenance procedure.

Incidentally, the way I discovered this was testing with my own very extensive Entourage database. The records looked fine on the screen but were all mixed up on a device I was using. In desperation, I did the rebuild and synced again. The records on the device were magically corrected.

I then took my backed up "messy" data, and duplicated it on another Mac and device so I could prove it was the database and not a bug in PocketMac or something wrong with my (at the time) G4 PowerPC iMac.

The moral of the story: whichever sync solution you choose, make sure you back up and rebuild Entourage databases because they need a little more care than some other types.

Have a great day!
We Love to help you sync with the Mac!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
RPB3

Carrier: T-Moblie

I know Anne dropped all the knowledge needed right there. But I have to say I've been using Pocketmac for quite some time now. In fact I paid for it so you know it's been a while. It has worked for me. New version 4.0.20 works great with my 8100. Previous version have worked fine with my other BB's too.

jjones,
Hang in there. Macs will soon rule the world. My buddy who's director of IT at a large company tells me the developers at microsoft are all working on macs now. I know they're running windows, but it shows that they can tell a good computer when they see one.

Last edited by RPB3; 05-04-2007 at 12:40 AM..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #9
ggb1945

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default The Perfect FIX

I tried all of the suggestions on Parallel's and Blackberry forums to get my BB to synch with Parallels. Finally I found the perfect solution and it worked immediately - dump Parallels, load FUSION as your VM program and everything works without any fancy tricks or computer expertise. It's also a much better program all around and it's free. What a shame that this annoying problem couldn't be fixed by Parallels after so many months of complaining by its customers
Old 05-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
iHemiola

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones View Post
my blackberry life is in shambles ever since I switched to mac.
jjones, are you still with us? Can you boot into Windows from your Mac and run that version of the BB software?

I swear there's times when I wish I had Windows for finance apps and now for BB
Old 05-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
bwalkera300

Carrier: tmobile

The latest version of PocketMac is a complete failure. If you have a Mac (and I do), then PocketMac is not the solution. RIM needs to begin supporting the Mac before a few of us jump ship to the iPhone.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #12
Sealndw

Model: 8830?
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Pocketmacanne... great tip about entourage, thanks for that!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #13
BBDC

Carrier: Tmobile

I just loaded pocketmac 4.0.20 and to my surprise was able to sync with entourage and address book with no problem. I am running a mac book Pro with OS X 10.4.9 and a BB 8100 (Pearl).

Granted it was a one way sync (From BB to MAC) but all my contacts are in there and the field mappings appear accurate.

Anyone else able to get it running?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #14
just.dennis

Carrier: Rogers

I'm really considering getting a mac (iMac/macbook) however, from what I've been reading, feel that my devices (Windows Mobile PDA/Blackberry Pearl) will be incompatible with it. I also really wanted to update my 2-3 year old Dell laptop as there was no built-in bluetooth support... but I hear that you cannot sync BB devices via bluetooth on the Mac anyways?

Would you guys suggest I continue syncing my BB with my windows laptop if I do in fact get a Mac? I really don't want to screw up my address book/calendar events that are already entered in my phone!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
Runamuck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaum@mac View Post
New OS X 10.5 delayed until October. "they" say becuase of the iPhone.
I'll bet dollars to donuts that they end up with a LOT less "Bberry support" than we've heard rumored for some time simply because of the iPhone. Apple has NEVER been great about supporting competing brands...look at iTunes.

If you are a Mac user, iPhone is likely in your future they believe...so Bberry is out the door.

That said, we use an outsourced email service provider here (Bizatlarge) so we all have hosted Exchange with BES available. I registered my Bberry OTA with the service and my Bberry synchs wirelessly now perfectly. I can access email via Entourage on my Mac, via OWA on any browser or via my Bberry and all 3 are always in synch. No desktop manager/pocket mac needed/required.

As for themes, I'm downloading OTA from a number of sites, sam with wallpapers. Ringtones and media files I just send over from my Mac via USB/Bluetooth to the 8800. So far, I've seen no need for a Windows box, although I've a couple available to me should I need to install a new OS or similar.

Last edited by Runamuck; 05-17-2007 at 11:09 AM..
Old 06-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #16
7290bb

Model: 7290
Carrier: t-mobile

I hope that everyone here sends bugs to PocketMac.

Right now I can sync my BlackBerry, but I know the software is buggy. The major bugs present are not affecting me, but they are affecting others.

Contact PocketMac and let's help them fix this:
PocketMac Support Site
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #17
BobPep

Carrier: sprint

I cant even get my 8800 to connect to pocketmac. I have tried everything I could find. any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
Closed Thread