Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
jfermin

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar
Default Mass storage not working

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everybody, I got a BB BOLD, I very little transflash SD Card 512Mb, with media card support ON, encryption with password and device, encrypt media files, mass storage mode support on, and auto enable mass storage moden when connected, prompt,

I have the 282 firmware,
Desktop Manager 5, with Roxio Media Manager,
using the Roxio MM works perfect I see my SD card, transfered files, with no problem, but my windows vista 64x, does not see the mass storage, also I have tested in windows XP and never prompts or sees it bold as a mass storage device, I have read forums but there is no clear solution, I will update later evening to the 297 release, but I dont think it will make any difference because I updated recently from 167 to the 282.
Any help please, thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

when you connect, your device prompts you to say YES or NO to mass storage mode.
I presume you are clicking yes and it's not showing?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
jfermin

Sorry I missed that, the answer is no, nothing pops up,nothing prompts, and on My PC, there is no sign of the Mass Storage
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

What are you trying to store on the card?

Are you on BES?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Thon_D
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfermin View Post
Hi everybody, I got a BB BOLD, I very little transflash SD Card 512Mb, with media card support ON, encryption with password and device, encrypt media files, mass storage mode support on, and auto enable mass storage moden when connected, prompt,

I have the 282 firmware,
Desktop Manager 5, with Roxio Media Manager,
using the Roxio MM works perfect I see my SD card, transfered files, with no problem, but my windows vista 64x, does not see the mass storage, also I have tested in windows XP and never prompts or sees it bold as a mass storage device, I have read forums but there is no clear solution, I will update later evening to the 297 release, but I dont think it will make any difference because I updated recently from 167 to the 282.
Any help please, thanks

Can you connect your phone to your computer at all? I mean does DM actually see the phone when it is connected using the USB cable? I just had to replace my Curve a 2nd time because the USB connector on the phone broke.

If you look at the connector on the phone you should see a metal tip in each of the tiny holes on the connector. If you have an empty hole in the connector it may be broken. RIM has been notorious for having really fragile USB ports on their phones.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
jfermin

I can store pictures and mp3 through roxio using the DM, the DM prompts for my password of the device, and roxio does this also, Im on BIS, there are no IT policies on the device.
I have no issues using roxio on my PC but when I go to somebodys elses PC that does not have the DM on it, there is the problem , because it does not recognize the device as a mass storage device, the cable is not faulty because I can use it with the DM and Roxio, transfer, sync, backup and everything ok, On a friends PC I used another USB cable, he has a BOLD also, and his PC with Win XP did not see the device as a mass storage, he had a movie that I wanted to get
Thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Is this a refurb Bold?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
jfermin

No, its not a refurb, if it´s a refurb does it have a relevance with my question?
Thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

yes. as some refurbs are known to be received with mass storage mode disabled (not by an option but by software) by accident and a simple file can solve it.

have you tried a battery pull?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
jfermin

Ok, I understand, yes I did a battery pull and even upgraded the firmware before being aware of the issue, where can I find this file? is it safe? thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
PapiPabs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: occhio

It's strange that it wouldn't be prompting you every time if you have the auto enable mass storage mode option set to prompt. Unless you selected 'No' with the 'do not ask this again' checkbox filled, that is.

When you've had it connected, have you tried going to Options->Memory->Menu and enabling mass storage that way? Worth a shot if nothing else is working.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #12
jfermin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiPabs View Post
It's strange that it wouldn't be prompting you every time if you have the auto enable mass storage mode option set to prompt. Unless you selected 'No' with the 'do not ask this again' checkbox filled, that is.

When you've had it connected, have you tried going to Options->Memory->Menu and enabling mass storage that way? Worth a shot if nothing else is working.
No, I tried that to, and it does not work
Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
hboogz

Model: BOLD
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
yes. as some refurbs are known to be received with mass storage mode disabled (not by an option but by software) by accident and a simple file can solve it.

have you tried a battery pull?
I just received a refurb BOLD after replacing my previous BOLD and now my PC doesn't recognize the mass storage at all ? You mentioned a file that could fix this ?

The computer and DM pick up the phone fine, i just don't see the 2 drive letters as i did previously.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfermin View Post
when I go to somebodys elses PC that does not have the DM on it, there is the problem , because it does not recognize the device as a mass storage device
I thought that you have to install DM to get the drivers for the computer to recognize the phone.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
hboogz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboogz View Post
I just received a refurb BOLD after replacing my previous BOLD and now my PC doesn't recognize the mass storage at all ? You mentioned a file that could fix this ?

The computer and DM pick up the phone fine, i just don't see the 2 drive letters as i did previously.
FYI - The pinstack batch file worked like a charm for me.. Thanks again Midnight.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #16
benbac

I've had the bold since it came out, had mass storage mode enabled, worked like a charm, then a couple months ago, I installed media sync (to sync itunes playlists) that worked fine but my machine (vista) no longer adds a drive when it's connected. DM and Media Sync still see it, but vista doesn't connect it as a drive anymore and I no longer have access to the media card itself.

Any body find a solution for this?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #17
benbac

what's this pinstack batch file? can someone explain?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
hboogz

Google is your friend. I don't want to break any forum rules but a query like: "pinstack mass storage batch file" should do the trick
Old 08-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Or you could search for "I used illegally obtained software and screwed up my BlackBerry and now what can I do" and see what that comes up with.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
benbac

thanks guys, i realized it a few seconds after i made the post that they were referring to another site.
Closed Thread