BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
larilu

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default 8830 help w/ case & invisible shield ???

Please Login to Remove!

Need some advise....I like to keep my devices in pristine/mint condition like most of you out there... 1st Question... will installing the invisible shield(full body) cause problems going in & out of a case? 2nd question.... I am on the road all day(construction sites/deliveries/etc.) and need heavy protection, I was thinking of a armor, metal case...then when I attend meetings, using a forte or some other premium leather case, any problems with transferring the BB numerous times in a week ??? Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanx again........
Old 09-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Stickseler
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I use this set up and love it. I pull out the phone once a week to clean the dust out, Seems like every time I drop it im on the ball field with the kids or at a jobsite, even dropped it 2 stories and it landed face up in a wheelbarrow full of dry mortar mix so far its kept the phone looking new

Last edited by Stickseler; 09-20-2007 at 01:12 PM..
Old 09-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
TimSmit

Model: 8330
Carrier: US Cellular
Thumbs up Seidio gets it done.

Seidio hard case-holster is the best. After trying almost everything out there, this is the way to go. The only shortcoming is that the clip will not fit over a wide police duty belt. For all of you manufacturers out there, rugged Blackberry cases for law enforcement is an untapped market. The best solution that I have found is the Seidio combo and a clip adapter.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
thetonyclifton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: vodafone

sometimes depending on the case the full body invisible shields (no matter the brand) can cause problems, i have read reports about vaja cases not fitting with the skins...but alot of the higher end cases wont fit as they are snug to begin with.

seidio get excllent reviews I have ordered the rubberized hard case for use all of the time.

problems you might encounter are.
*The tightness of cases with the invisible skin on
*Hardcases are harder to take off so using them interchangeably may be a pain
*Leather cases may stain your invisible shield as the colour will bleed
*invisible shields will eventually peel or at least look worn (not the screen only ones just the full bodies) - pulling it in and out of cases (especially two different ones may speed this up.

My advice would be the seidio hybrid or rubberized depending on your look preference, if the rubberized (which I prefer) looks too rugged for your meetings go for the hybrid.

Other option is just to use the bb as is with the invisible shield and if need be get replacement housing from cnn.cn
Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
larilu

Model: Curve
Carrier: verizon
Default Thanx !!!

THANK YOU ALL for your replies, it is appreciated........
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
BB8100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I have a screen skin on my 8830 and have the sena flip, gizmoskin pouch, oem leather and the nutshell tab top. best one is nutshell. sena is too tight and scars the skin. all have magnets that work.
Closed Thread