Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
untjoker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Why i hate hourly in-store reps

Please Login to Remove!

Just had a 15 minute discussion with a T-mobile store rep. He proceeded to tell me that the 8800 was discontinued and would no longer be offered due to the 8820 coming out in a couple of months. I told him it is on backorder and why would they discontinue a 1 month old 8800 and have a 2 month gap of no upgraded Blackberry to sell besides the year old Pearl? He said "just wait for the Curve in October". I said I want the 8800 for longer battery life and gps. He said their Curve would have a longer battery life than the atandt version. Really? There have been some advancements in battery life in the past month I guess.lol I have asked 3 different reps about Blackberry's and have gotten 3 off the wall answers. All different might I add. Stores are lucky most people don't just buy an unlocked model and forget the retail branches.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
jonbost
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: 23f7d309
Carrier: AT&T

Well the last time I went into a T-mobile store the rep told me the reason that they have the cheapest blackberry plans was because T-mobile in fact owned half of RIM. I just left it at that and left the store. I have gotten to the point that I take everything a rep says with a grain of salt.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

HAHAHAH owned half of RIM HAHAHAHA that one is funny!

i was told that bbmessenger used sms texts! also, i was told that you couldn't wipe a bb from the desktop manager, just not possible. :(
Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
Andyn

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon

8820 is what AT&T is getting. Are they using it for T Mobile and AT&T?

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

***moved to Rants & Raves section***
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

most of the cell phone reps know nothing.

how many of them really love their job and would spend their time in cell phone forum and sites to upgrade their knowledge?

i dont normally call my cell phone carrier, unless there is billing issue. And most of the time, I feel like I am teaching them how to do their job and I know a lot more than they do, especially SPRINT!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbost View Post
Well the last time I went into a T-mobile store the rep told me the reason that they have the cheapest blackberry plans was because T-mobile in fact owned half of RIM. I just left it at that and left the store. I have gotten to the point that I take everything a rep says with a grain of salt.

HA HA HA i can't believe they said that. i would have asked for the manager ASAP and told him/her what the rep just told me
Old 07-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
jonbost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
HA HA HA i can't believe they said that. i would have asked for the manager ASAP and told him/her what the rep just told me
The problem was it was the manager that told me. So there really was no one that i could tell them about what he said.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #9
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbost View Post
The problem was it was the manager that told me. So there really was no one that i could tell them about what he said.

haha oh man, i would report him to t-mobile...not like it would make a difference
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

well I am one of the hourly reps! i do try to take time to learn the products as best I can. I am smart enough not to say whatever i want. Most reps assume people dont know anything when they come in. I make the assumption that they know more than me and If i do not know the answer i dont BS it i research and find it. My biggest complaint to be frank is that customer expect me to know all about everyphone and i am sorry but that is a tall order. Have 33 phone models on the floor now most are from same manufacturers so they all work about the same. i focus mostly on BB's windows mobuile devices yuck yuck yuck, palm devices yuck yuck If i have to do another master reset on one ill puke!!
Not everyone loves their phones as we BB fanatics do. don't group all reps into the same category some of us do enjoy our jobs and strive to educate ourselves accordingly. ( we do have lives outside of wireless as well) I am aware that we reps are far and few between so please dont lump us all together.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #11
jonbost

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ezrunner. I am grateful for reps like you. I am lucky that the rep I actually deal with daily is like you. They do what they can to learn about a phone but are the first to say when they do not know everything. Let me say thank you. Not sure if you get to hear that a lot but reps like you are what I would like to see when I look at phones or have a problem with something. Always willing to help.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

well, the best rep i've ever spoke with was a t-mobile rep named stephanie, who lives in maine.
:]
Old 07-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #13
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk1 View Post
well, the best rep i've ever spoke with was a t-mobile rep named stephanie, who lives in maine.
:]
Care to expound?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #14
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

some reps just aren't knowledgable

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 07-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #15
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I was waiting for a post like the one by ezrunner. Knew it was coming.

But this is the way it is. And the cell phone store or kiosk or whatever may be better than most retail. Go into a deparment store or discount store expecting someone there to know the product. Forget about it----that's one of the things we have google for now a days. (And hoo yah for Amazon, IMO.) If your lucky, there's one person in a store who know's stuff and you figure out who that is if you frequent the store.

Thanks ezrunner for good post.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #16
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

You are the exception EZ... And I am sure the customers really appreciate all the work you do....

I say half-hearted (only because EZ knows his stuff and rocks!) that most reps do not know a thing....

I actually called a local store a while back to see if they were going to be getting the 8800 in on release day.... She asked what an 8800 was and I attempted to explain... She argued with me saying I wanted the 8700 and that they had them in stock... I left it at that and ordered online....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
well I am one of the hourly reps! i do try to take time to learn the products as best I can. I am smart enough not to say whatever i want. Most reps assume people dont know anything when they come in. I make the assumption that they know more than me and If i do not know the answer i dont BS it i research and find it. My biggest complaint to be frank is that customer expect me to know all about everyphone and i am sorry but that is a tall order. Have 33 phone models on the floor now most are from same manufacturers so they all work about the same. i focus mostly on BB's windows mobuile devices yuck yuck yuck, palm devices yuck yuck If i have to do another master reset on one ill puke!!
Not everyone loves their phones as we BB fanatics do. don't group all reps into the same category some of us do enjoy our jobs and strive to educate ourselves accordingly. ( we do have lives outside of wireless as well) I am aware that we reps are far and few between so please dont lump us all together.
Closed Thread