BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
sycosi

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK
Default New to BB 8120 & BBF and need help, before I go insane!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to the world of BB and picked up the 8120 on Orange. So far so good. Now overall really pleased with the phone. However, and here's the probem, I can not for the love of god get the browser to work without it saying "This is a wifi service etc etc". I can not sync my email addresses as it asks for 'enterprise activation password'. I have played around with the handset trying to change settings to make it work but so far drawn a blank. I called Orange who said that I needed to have my BB service activated and that when this happens I'll receive a update text which I should delete and then turn the phone off and on. Received the text and followed the instructions above. Nothing changed.

So the two primary functions I bought the phone for I can not use and its driving me bloody mental!!

I would greatly, and I mean greatly, appreciate any help for the good and the wise on here! I really need a hand hold thru what I need to do!!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Have you read the User Guide that came with the device?

Have you read our FAQ?

Have you done a search on your issues?

Did you buy the device new or used?

I assume you have a BB data plan and it is provisioned with service books from your carrier?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
sycosi

Hey DD.

I've been plowing through so many websites, FAQ, Orange customer serv, and instructions that I'm hitting the neurofen hard! Orange activated my £5 a month BB plan earlier today and I've managed to connect to the wireless network at home, not where I need it tho to be honest. I bought the handset new from a phone shop here in the UK.

I just need clear experienced direction and advice on how to sync my email and internet via my operator and not just via WiFi. I've looked at peoples posts on here and tried to follow them but I'm just not able to change to browsing via GPRS/WAP. Can i have more than one email address linked to the BB?

Like I say I'm a total technophobe and n00b on the BB front so would really appreciate the help.

Last edited by sycosi; 03-08-2009 at 06:41 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
sycosi

Ok from what I've read on the FAQ here It'll make sense to have my emails forwarded to my BB via push email. I don't currently have a BB phone email address. Is that something I have to set up via my operator? Still haven't worked out how to access the net via GPRS/WAP tho??
Old 03-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
MarcusT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: JVM513
Carrier: AT&T

Everything you state points to BB services not yet being active on your phone just yet.

On the BB, go into Settings>Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Does it say "No entries", or have a long list with numbers after each one?

No entries is bad to see. Regardless of what is listed in here, select Menu>Register Now in the HRT. Then remove/reinsert battery.

Was the message you received stating "you are now registered on the wireless network..." or something similar?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Matze

Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycosi View Post
Ok from what I've read on the FAQ here It'll make sense to have my emails forwarded to my BB via push email. I don't currently have a BB phone email address. Is that something I have to set up via my operator? Still haven't worked out how to access the net via GPRS/WAP tho??
I assume I got the same phone on Orange pay as you go and it work like a treat. First of all change the theme to e.g. BB today, the Orange theme is really akward and creates quite a lot of sub-menus. (You can change it via options)
Go to the Stup wizzrad on your device and set up click "set up email" and then set up a blackberry email account which could read e.g. sycosi(a)blackberryerry.orange.co.ukwhich is your BB email address.

Then set up your login ID (e.g. sycosi) and password in the wizzard, go to the page indicates on a seperate piece of paper which came with your device (BB.Orange) login with your ID and password. There you can link all your email adresses to your device. The other option is to enable the forward function on your existing email accounts to your blackberry address...

Hope this all makes sense, trust the setup wizzard
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
i_pablo

Carrier: AT&T

new to BB but a slightly different. My 8120 is a vodafone (unlocked) branded phone that I'm using on AT&T no BB plan. I just WANT it to connect to wifi, but it can't find a network (MINE--on which I have 4 wireless laptops). It searches and says: no network available. Any thoughts? Please?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
sambine

Model: 7250
Carrier: TELUS

the 8120 do not have wifi
Closed Thread