Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
mobilehavoc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Cingular
Default Separate view of BES emails?

Please Login to Remove!

Got my 8700c today, upgraded immediately to the new OS, set it up on corporate BES and all is good - well except my IT Policy doesn't let me install 3rd party apps and blocks the BIS browser among other things!

Anyway, I have my Yahoo account on it and my Blackberry BIS account and a separate view for each. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to have a separate view of JUST BES emails. This would have been perfect since I like the segregation but it's useless if I have to scroll through "Messages" to find the corporate email (what I'm really supposed to have the device for).

Any ideas/solutions? Maybe create a search with a hotkey or something?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
Got my 8700c today, upgraded immediately to the new OS, set it up on corporate BES and all is good - well except my IT Policy doesn't let me install 3rd party apps and blocks the BIS browser among other things!

Anyway, I have my Yahoo account on it and my Blackberry BIS account and a separate view for each. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to have a separate view of JUST BES emails. This would have been perfect since I like the segregation but it's useless if I have to scroll through "Messages" to find the corporate email (what I'm really supposed to have the device for).

This has been asked and answered many times.

No, it's not possible. Everything goes to the main Messages folder. Someday....maybe...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Quote:

No can do sorry

EDIT: See John Clark's response
Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
ihunter
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:
That's all I do, but for all my accounts. I have 1 BES account and 3 BIS accounts and I don't like having all the separate icons on my screen, too much clutter. So, I only have the Messages icon on my screen into which all my emails end up. I then have some simple searches set up using the Service parameter only and have assigned them to hot keys. When I'm browsing my emails Alt-W shows only work related emails connected to my BES account, Alt-P shows only personal emails connected to my personal BIS account and so on.
Closed Thread