BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #81
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

They had it in a store right across the street from my building, but the owner was not interested in helping me out with the same deal as T-Mo online ($199 w/a 2-yr. agreement/upgrade).

Anyway, I'm just now off the phone w/ T-Mo, and the CSR told me its still "pending shipment", and that it is in stock. Hmph.

What's the real story?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #82
shill79

Model: 8100

I typed up my experiences and sent a fax to Customer Relations. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #83
aaronkt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

just to jump on the band wagon here. I ordered mine on the 13th. I just got off the phone with Tmo CC and they said mine was due to arrive on the 22. Then he went on to tell me that the phone was on back order and the phone hasnt shipped. Also said that he wasnt sure when i would get it. NICE WORK! They really should have more of a plan/resolution for this. I'm not placing the blame fully on them as im sure the demand is high. However they should at least have some details as to whats going on with their order status!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #84
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse
What's the real story?
In a word: ignorance.

They can't tell us whether they have the phone, when it will ship, when it might appear on our doorsteps, what the hold-up is, why they don't have any of this information available... or who to call to get more details.

The real story is ignorance. In a company this size, that saw this launch coming a mile away and didn't properly prepare, ignorance = shoddy customer service.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #85
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

In full agreement. It is not the employees, but it is the info, or lack of info, the employees have that is deplorable. I can understand this lack of info for a day or two last week, but by now, the "powers that be" KNOW there is a problem. Any company that cares at all about it's public image and customer service would be sure CS has the proper info by now. If the computer system can't handle it, a MEMO, albeit old fashioned, still works!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #86
shill79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysOn607
In full agreement. It is not the employees, but it is the info, or lack of info, the employees have that is deplorable. I can understand this lack of info for a day or two last week, but by now, the "powers that be" KNOW there is a problem. Any company that cares at all about it's public image and customer service would be sure CS has the proper info by now. If the computer system can't handle it, a MEMO, albeit old fashioned, still works!
Absolutely...

In my fax to Cust Relations I praised the employees that I've talked to, they've been totally nice and as helpful as they are equipped to be, but somebody dropped the ball...
Old 09-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #87
crispysaturn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Check the tracking again.

I ordered mine on Wed morninig and today it finally has shipped!

They are shipping it 1 day air too! I guess to make up for the fact that I ordered it almost a week ago.

Oh well, I went to a corp. store yesterday and picked one up, so I guess I'll have 2 LOL.

PJ
Old 09-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #88
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispysaturn

They are shipping it 1 day air too! I guess to make up for the fact that I ordered it almost a week ago.

Oh well, I went to a corp. store yesterday and picked one up, so I guess I'll have 2 LOL.

PJ

Did you call for that info, or did you just check the ref. # @ UPS.com?
Had you checked earlier this morning, and then later on today?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #89
dj forge

Hopefully mine will be waiting when I get home from work in a couple of hours...I've also had my shipping refunded...I just wish there was a T-Mo store in NC so I could go pick it up in person
Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 PM   #90
shill79

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse
Did you call for that info, or did you just check the ref. # @ UPS.com?
Had you checked earlier this morning, and then later on today?
Same question from me...
Old 09-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #91
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj forge
Hopefully mine will be waiting when I get home from work in a couple of hours...I've also had my shipping refunded...I just wish there was a T-Mo store in NC so I could go pick it up in person
I can only hope for it to be at home when I get there from work, but most likely it won't. I ordered mine on Tuesday and nothing. I've already been on the phone with T-Mo twice and had my shipping refunded. I told them I would give the phone until Tuesday if not I'm cancelling my account, they said that "if the phone doesn't show up by then, they would do their best to rectify the situation"...yeah...ok.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #92
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrcncp
....they said that "if the phone doesn't show up by then, they would do their best to rectify the situation"...yeah...ok.
Here was MY reply to that flaccid assurance:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/320040-post66.html
Old 09-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #93
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispysaturn

PJ

Ok...so I ordered mine Tuesday morning-a full day prior to your order. Why would yours ship before mine? Nothing against you for being lucky enough to get your order shipped--but what's the deal with that?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #94
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #95
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

It's a very interesting situation... We have not received our unit either (ordered on Tuesday). I have just called to check on today's reason and when I say "upgrade" then "BlackBerry" to the IVR I'm promptly hung up on.

I finally talked to a rep and she tells me Backordered - even though the website still accepts orders. She was of course "nice as pie" and very apologetic. When We checked on Friday the rep filled out a "handset research form" and the response was the above updated today.

I'm speaking to retention right now to try to get a clear answer regarding the handset.

[In a way I feel bad for T-MO... we have to deal with RIM all the time and tell us when they are sending stuff and then change that date all the time - I wonder if TMO is in the same boat???]

She's back on the line... no help.

So in closing it may be a situation [My opinion] that they have pulled it to flash which is not un-precedented - I guess we will see.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot

Last edited by rcg; 09-18-2006 at 03:34 PM..
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #96
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
...I finally talked to a rep and she tells me Backordered....
Why won't they tell me that? WHY!??! I've asked 'em 3 times; "Is it backordered?" "No, sir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
...So in closing it may be a situation [My opinion] that they have pulled it to flash which is not un-precedented - I guess we will see.
"pulled it to flash"? What does that mean?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #97
qsk

Model: 8800
Carrier: tmobile

Maybe happy ending...ordered online 10am Tuesday the 12th as an upgrade. Called on Thursday CS said pending, called Friday am, CS said it is pending but should arrive on Friday. It didn't. Called 7pm Firday, CS said pending but will refund my express shipping; Called Monday Sept 18th a noon, CS says my phone is backordered (she also said people who ordered over the phone still say pending). She cancelled the online order and called a local shop to check stock. I am suppose to get the same pricing and they are holding one for me. Kind of a pain in the ass, but at least they are trying to resolve it for me without any more stress.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #98
shill79

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsk
Maybe happy ending...ordered online 10am Tuesday the 12th as an upgrade. Called on Thursday CS said pending, called Friday am, CS said it is pending but should arrive on Friday. It didn't. Called 7pm Firday, CS said pending but will refund my express shipping; Called Monday Sept 18th a noon, CS says my phone is backordered (she also said people who ordered over the phone still say pending). She cancelled the online order and called a local shop to check stock. I am suppose to get the same pricing and they are holding one for me. Kind of a pain in the ass, but at least they are trying to resolve it for me without any more stress.
I'm thinking about heading that route.. I do kinda enjoy being able to "defer" payment by ordering online, but I guess I can just pony-up the $ and do the in-store thing... I'd really like to hear from my friends at Customer Relations first...
Old 09-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #99
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Well, all I can say is what a bummer for everyone. This thread is the most replied to thread in the 8100 forum. It's now surpassed the Holster thread! What a way to start the rollout of a device!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #100
dj forge

just got home.....no phone, no ups notice...sigh.
Closed Thread