BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
MaryBerry

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
Default Bought a slightly used BB, can't remove some things (not apps)

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, I've searched and read FAQs that seem to pertain to my question, but I still haven't resolved the issue.

I bought a slightly used BB 8703e from a U.S. Cellular retail store (it was returned before the 15-day trial period).

I got it simply for the organizer because I didn't want to carry around my RAZR and a Palm at work.

I removed the apps that I didn't want (messengers, etc.) but there are a couple things that aren't listed as apps and were not removed after doing a reset (tried to remove battery and did the "wipe handheld").

The two things I want to remove are titled "Enterprise Activation" and "Cellebrite Phonebook Client." The "Enterprise Activation" is listed first on my menu and has no meaning to me.

I'm assuming it is business-related but I cannot figure out what to do to get it off the phone. If I cannot remove it, is there any way I can reorder my menu icons so it is listed last? Should I try to return the phone for another one that doesn't have this crap on it? I just want it to go back to the factory settings.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBerry View Post
Hey, I've searched and read FAQs that seem to pertain to my question, but I still haven't resolved the issue.

I bought a slightly used BB 8703e from a U.S. Cellular retail store (it was returned before the 15-day trial period).

I got it simply for the organizer because I didn't want to carry around my RAZR and a Palm at work.

I removed the apps that I didn't want (messengers, etc.) but there are a couple things that aren't listed as apps and were not removed after doing a reset (tried to remove battery and did the "wipe handheld").

The two things I want to remove are titled "Enterprise Activation" and "Cellebrite Phonebook Client." The "Enterprise Activation" is listed first on my menu and has no meaning to me.

I'm assuming it is business-related but I cannot figure out what to do to get it off the phone. If I cannot remove it, is there any way I can reorder my menu icons so it is listed last? Should I try to return the phone for another one that doesn't have this crap on it? I just want it to go back to the factory settings.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
cellbrite is the software they use to get the address book off a device I am not sure how to get rid of that

the enterprise thing you can only hide no way to delete.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
MaryBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
cellbrite is the software they use to get the address book off a device I am not sure how to get rid of that

the enterprise thing you can only hide no way to delete.
Thank you! Do you know what the Enterprise thing is? Also, hiding it and leaving it on the phone will do no harm and I should just keep it?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

the enterprise activation gets you onto a BES server like from corporations mail servers. You cant delete it there is no way.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
MaryBerry

Okay, I understand that I can't get rid of it - I just want to make sure it won't affect the way my phone functions, which it won't, is that correct?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
Dawg
No longer Registered.

no it wont just like it doesnt affect the millions of other people who have it on theres
Closed Thread