Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
mok7100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: VZW
Thumbs down Problems with "Blackberrytunes.com"

Please Login to Remove!

Blackberry tunes is an site metioned on several threads in this discussion group. They advertise themselves as offering a service to convert MP3's and WAV files to ringtones for the BB's. I have emailed them several times with some files I would like converted, and asked them for a quote. To date, I have never received a reply.

Has anyone else has this experience with them. I am simply using the email address on their site "sales@blackberrytunes.com." Has anyone else had this experience.

Are there any other sites that will convert MP3 and WAVs for a fee?

-Marc

"Give me a #5 XB and I can fly you to the moon"
Old 05-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Default No sites but good instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok7100
Blackberry tunes is an site metioned on several threads in this discussion group. They advertise themselves as offering a service to convert MP3's and WAV files to ringtones for the BB's. I have emailed them several times with some files I would like converted, and asked them for a quote. To date, I have never received a reply.

Has anyone else has this experience with them. I am simply using the email address on their site "sales@blackberrytunes.com." Has anyone else had this experience.

-Marc
I don't know a fee for converting site but on the forums there is a pretty good sticky on doing it yourself. All you need is access to the internet to download a couple programs and your MP3s (cut to a reasonable size to be a ringtone). I use Audacity (search google for it, it is free) to cut my MP3s and then follow the instructions at this site.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4764

Good luck!!

7100sib
Old 05-13-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok7100

-Marc
I have had success with them, I actually purchased one of their packages and they have converted several mp3's for me for free.... maybe because they can't really give you a fair qoute on just a tune or two simply because there is really no way for them to determine a "fair" price... I don't know if it makes any sense .... but if you buy their services and then you'll be able to do that for free...

If you don't mind experimenting then I would suggest you do some research and "do it yourself." that way you know what you're getting.
Currently using 8100 Pearl.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:21 AM   #4
mok7100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: VZW

[QUOTE=bryanyu81]I have had success with them, I actually purchased one of their packages and they have converted several mp3's for me for free.... maybe because they can't really give you a fair qoute on just a tune or two simply because there is really no way for them to determine a "fair" price... I don't know if it makes any sense .... but if you buy their services and then you'll be able to do that for free...

That's interesting: how did you communicate with them? I sent a couple of emails to them using the email address they gave on their site ('sales@blcakberrytunes.com' and received no reply).

I also note the following on their site,
"You send us a sample of your MP3 (We do not provide MP3's) and we recreate the song into a ringtone for your blackberry. There is no limitation on the amount of songs you can send, and you can cancel at any time. We accept any song in MP3, WAV or WMA format."

Which I took to mean that, for a fee, they would convert files for you??

-Marc

"Give me a #5 XB and I can fly you to the moon"
Closed Thread