Old 08-24-2004, 05:06 PM   #21
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothalyptic
hmmm, could be, could be. Let me disable for a day or two and see if that clears things up on your end. If so, then it's the graphic sigs that're causing it.

edit: Disabled, just showing the text for it now. Lets see if that helps some of the problems.
Goth, I was able to see this fine on the WAP site -- now, can you turn the graphic back on, and we can see if that kills it. If so, we have the culprit...
Old 08-24-2004, 05:21 PM   #22
kirson

Aha! Here's my new theory: It's the Quote call out box! I can browse along the WAP site until I get to a message that has the quote box -- and then I get the HTTP 500 Error! I am going to check this out a bit more, and see if I can confirm...
Old 08-24-2004, 05:28 PM   #23
kirson

I think that's it -- everytime I browse on the WAP site to a message that has a QUOTE callout box, I get the HTTP Error 500!!!

Guess: can you look into this and see if this is the case for other users as well, and if so, if there is something we can do about it?

Thanks!

Ian
Old 08-24-2004, 06:10 PM   #24
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

I will see what I can do about the quote call out box.

hmm..
Old 08-24-2004, 06:16 PM   #25
kirson

Thanks!

FWIW, I love the WAP site -- most WAP site's are cumbersome to navigate and poorly organized -- but this site rocks! I like the way posts are orderred, and I love the ability to skip to the last message. Way to go!

Ian
Old 08-24-2004, 06:27 PM   #26
Gothalyptic
CrackBerry Addict

Ok, gonna put my siggy back up then least we made a bit more headway ;)

Please use the Search feature to find a quick answer.

[url]htt
Old 08-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #27
Tom
Admin & Founder

Hmm..

I cant figure out a way to allow quoted messages. It just causes problems.

You can view messages but not post by viewing/using this link:

http://www.blackberryclub.com/forums.php
Old 08-27-2004, 05:45 PM   #28
kirson

Hey Tom,

Sorry I missed this post somehow...this is wonderfull! I get full graphics, no HTTP 500 Error, and my personal favorite (because I get pretty quick data rates) the ability to load lots of messages in one long stream!!!

The only way to make this any better at all would be to somehow have a sense for which posts are new...I understand that since you're not really logged in, that is hard to accomplish. How about indicating next to each Folder Name the date/time that the last message was posted? We could then figure out based on the last time we visited which posts are probably new...is this possible?

And, way way way off topic -- I don't suppose you know a fellow member of the Kitchener community by the name of Dave Sim :D ? I was a pretty big Cerebus fan in the good old days when it was really funny stuff...I met Dave once, and would love to hear any local tidbits about him...assuming you know what the heck I'm yacking about :D
Old 08-27-2004, 06:16 PM   #29
Tom
Admin & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirson
Hey Tom,

Sorry I missed this post somehow...this is wonderfull! I get full graphics, no HTTP 500 Error, and my personal favorite (because I get pretty quick data rates) the ability to load lots of messages in one long stream!!!

The only way to make this any better at all would be to somehow have a sense for which posts are new...I understand that since you're not really logged in, that is hard to accomplish. How about indicating next to each Folder Name the date/time that the last message was posted? We could then figure out based on the last time we visited which posts are probably new...is this possible?

And, way way way off topic -- I don't suppose you know a fellow member of the Kitchener community by the name of Dave Sim :D ? I was a pretty big Cerebus fan in the good old days when it was really funny stuff...I met Dave once, and would love to hear any local tidbits about him...assuming you know what the heck I'm yacking about :D
Hmm. I have been trying to intergrate the that feature into the second wap forums, but its nothing but problems.

I have no idea who Dave Sim is :( Sorry.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #30
kirson

hmmm...now I'm having problems getting the first WAP site to let me login properly...if I want to send a message, it asks for user and password each time...also the text box for the message doesn't expand anymore, the way it used to. And I can't access PM's -- but when I log in it says login was OK. Any ideas?

And, just to illuminate those unfortunate enough not to already be familiar with Cerebus...Dave Sim is a guy in Kitchener that started writing, producing and distributing an independant comic book around 25 years ago. The plan was to produce a story to be told over 300 episodes. He concluded it a few months ago. The comic book is Cerebus the Aardvark. The first 10 books were silly. The next 200 were absolutely amazing. Some of the funniest, most whitty, and unbelievably sophisticated story telling you have ever seen. And they were BEAUTIFUL! Then, unfortunately, Dave went mad...the last 100 episodes or so are an interesting insight into the mind of a brilliant man losing his marbles. Amazing stuff. Almost the entire run has been reproduced in what is called "phone book" format -- 25 comic books bound into one book. They cost around $10 each or so. When I want to laugh so hard that my sides litterally hurt, and I have to massage my checks to get the feeling back, I read the Church & State phone books. Just unbelievable. Sorry for the rant
Old 08-30-2004, 03:08 PM   #31
belcat

Posted wirelessly from a BlackBerry using wap.BlackBerryClub.com
Old 08-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #32
belcat

Hmm, I guess you only get one starting line for answers on the WAP site. Anyway, I am getting 500 server errors everytime I click the \"Latest topics\" on the main page from my blackberry. Also it would be nice if it showed text instead of pictures so I would not need to load them.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #33
Gothalyptic
CrackBerry Addict

I am now getting the error on the "forum home" link, I can't even view any forum topics at all.

Please use the Search feature to find a quick answer.

[url]htt
Old 09-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #34
Tom
Admin & Founder

Crap, I am getting the same errors now. Quite a bit of them I might add.

Something definately needs to be done regarding this.

Tom

Old 09-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #35
slippery1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

how do I clear my cache
Old 06-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #36
socaldrewski

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

hi there. i'm new to the blackberry world... just got the verizon 8830. i went to http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ry.do?code=aim to download the AIM software using the blackberry internet, and when i click the download link i get the HTTP Error 500. i tried clearing the cache but i still get the same error. any thoughts? thanks.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #37
Craulio

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default HTTP Error 500: Internal Server error

Hi, i have a Blackberry 8830 from Verizon, when i tray to browse in some web page i have this HTTP Error 500: Internal Server error, how i fix that?
Closed Thread