Old 04-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Youtube videos look AWFUL on BB

Please Login to Remove!

I have an iPod Touch and the youtube app serves up super looking, clear videos, just like on a PC.

The "m.youtube.com" site I was told to go to by Verizon gives grainy, jerky, blocky, blurry videos, compared to if I was to go to the regular youtube site. Am I missing something? Is there another way to view youtube videos on the BB so they are worth watching? Is there no BB youtube application, or is the only access through m.youtube.com??
Old 04-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Bulgaro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask

I have no problem viewing youtube using this http://www.google.com/m/download/you...-en_emb&noss=1 . send the link to your phone and then download .

FYI you can save yourself a lot of questions by searching this forum, the search engine is your friend and so is Google. hope this helps .
Old 04-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulgaro View Post

FYI you can save yourself a lot of questions by searching this forum, the search engine is your friend and so is Google. hope this helps .
Thanks so much! I have spent hours and hours the last 4 days learning about the Storm and I have read through some of the threads on this forum beyond page 12! I saved the link into an email, sent it to my phone. I then pasted the link into the browser. It ran an install program on my phone, but I see no application icon in the download folder, or anywhere on the home screen. I set permissions and watched the installation progress, but I see NO YOUTUBE APPLICATION on my Storm! Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

found the installed youtube app but the videos still look gawd awful--not even worth watching. Too pixelated, choppy, blurry, etc. Perhaps all youtuibe video running over the data network of verizon is going to look bad. I have trouble with slacker streaming, also. On my Touch videos look great and Pandora plays back flawlessly due to being on my fast wifi. Seems I expected too much. Also, the internet is unsatisfactorily slow on Verizon data service. Pages take forever and a day to load. I cant imagine spending much time cruising the internet on my BB now that I've used it for the last 5 days. Its maddenly slow. too bad they didn't include wifi on the Storm.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
lasersedge

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I downloaded youtube from that link and when i start it i get "error starting minitube_bb: class net.rim.device.api.ui.thouchevent not found any suggestions?

Did a quick search with no help

Thanks

Jeff
Old 06-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
mdaughety
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon

If you go to BWOne.com there is a video on there with step by step instructions on how to successfully get YouTube on a Storm. After being stuck with the various versions on a reload I went there and succcesfully loaded the one I had before which is great. Try it.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Youtube sucks on the Storm...plain and simple...but then again..its a blackberry smartphone...not just an IPhone.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Closed Thread